Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Vertical Markets & Specialty Search > Multilingual Search Markets & Non-US Engines
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2005   #1
Nacho

Nacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to behold
Univision.com goes LIVE with Search Powered by Google

Earlier today I wrote a blog to cover the story on Univision.com's step forward into the world of search and Google's step forward into the U.S. Hispanic market. I'm personally very excited to see this and so many things happening with the big search engines and these growing markets.

I'll be looking closely in my logs to watch traffic activity changes. Anyway, what do you all think about this partnership? the effects for both of them? potential challanges? expectations? Open forum guys, enjoy!
Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005   #2
Carlos Chacón

Carlos Chacón is on a distinguished road
Hi Nacho,

We all now about the potential of the Latin America market that is happening since this millennium. Obviously this is a BIG paradigm because of the knowledge of the SEM for too many Latinos.

For sure, I believe Latino America will be one of the most important online markets around the world for many industries.

Latinos living in – out site of the USA are growing year by year. This population is open mind broken the old paradigm.

On this particular case Univision is a huge company around the world and I think this deal is just the beginning of many of others contracts around the world. For sure this great deal will be help too many people to identify (more) with one particular SE but at the same time, it will be an opportunity to the Spanish web sites to get traffic and let others know about their services and products.

Good move, no doubt!
Carlos Chacón is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005   #3
Nacho

Nacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to behold
Completely agree!

In terms of traffic, we're already noticing big changes from Univision and in the last 10 days we're getting over 80% of it from search which is something we didn't have before. All referring keywords are Spanish. We're very amazed!

This is like the chicken and egg problem of any new industry. The outcome of all of this deal will get website owners to realize they are suddenly getting more traffic with "univision.com" in their referrer logs, which in turn it will slap them on the face and say... "hey, what if I spend a little more here... and a little more... and more... wow! This market really has an ROI".

As you well said, "this deal is just the beginning of many of others contracts around the world." We're all very fortunate to see this happen.
Old 07-06-2005   #4
Carlos Chacón

Carlos Chacón is on a distinguished road
Really?! In just 10 days you are getting over 80% in Spanish keywords of traffic, it is amazing! This deal will help (us) to show the opportunity the Latino market have on Internet.

Felicidades!
Carlos Chacón is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005   #5
Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Chacón
Really?! In just 10 days you are getting over 80% in Spanish keywords of traffic
I mean 80% of all our Univision traffic is now from search. Before, we used to get most of our traffic from thier shopping channel, the forums or some of the content pages that point to us as a source. I see that has changed now and users find most appropiate to find information using search... how natural
Old 07-13-2005   #6
Dj Morri

Dj Morri is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Nacho, we stopped using AIM, my cellphone is displayed on the AIM screen that's why it seems that I am connected. Try to email me.

By the way, good response from hispanic users to Google.

Chao
Dj Morri is offline   Reply With Quote