Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Member's Lounge > The Padded Room
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2005   #1
Elisabeth

Elisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to behold
CONGRATS to our Lucky 5,000th Forum Member!

Drumroll, please.......

Let's all give a round of applause and congratulations to our newest forum member, eagent !!!!!

Welcome to SEW Forums!

For being the lucky 5,000th active member - you have WON a free one-year subscription to the member's area of Search Engine Watch.

And, that's not all, tell them what else they've won, Danny Sullivan -

A full conference pass to one of the Search Engine Strategies events happening within one year from now!!! *

Technically*, for those of you who have spotted it (and I know you will,) the actual member #5000 is ErikSelberg
of, second drumroll please.........Microsoft!

(*travel expenses not included)

(**due to a few account deletions, the #5008 is the official number of the person who hit the 5,000 member mark on the front page)

Last edited by Elisabeth : 06-23-2005 at 02:10 PM.
Elisabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005   #2
mcanerin

mcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats eagent and ErikSelberg!

Wow, that's quite a landmark number for SEW Forums - well done, Danny and Elisabeth!

And of course, a big THANK YOU to the 4999+ members who actually made this forum valuable enough for them to join in the first place!

I'm proud to be a part of such a vibrant and interesting community.

Ian
Old 06-23-2005   #3
eagent
RichContent

eagent is on a distinguished road
RichContent and eAgent send a big, gnarly "Thanks!" to Elizabeth and Danny...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisabeth
Drumroll, please.......

Let's all give a round of applause and congratulations to our newest forum member, eagent !!!!!

Welcome to SEW Forums!

For being the lucky 5,000th active member - you have WON a free one-year subscription to the member's area of Search Engine Watch.

And, that's not all, tell them what else they've won, Danny Sullivan -

A full conference pass to one of the Search Engine Strategies events happening within one year from now!!! *

Technically*, for those of you who have spotted it (and I know you will,) the actual member #5000 is ErikSelberg
of, second drumroll please.........Microsoft!

(*travel expenses not included)

(**due to a few account deletions, the #5008 is the official number of the person who hit the 5,000 member mark on the front page)
ME: Hey! I LOVE this...

The last time I won anything this cool was... Hmmm, not sure if exposing this early in our rapport will help or hurt me.

OK, it was a Daryl Mansfield album after a concert for 300 in Sacramento.

Album. Vinyl. That's a clue, people.

Anyhow, I'll take all the freebies you've got (and my sincere appreciation here for the cool stuff), and I hope I can contribute to your phenomenal resource.

In fact, here's my first contribution: I just completed an ebook on how to use PR to more effectively drive traffic and SERPS. You can download it at http://www.prwebquickstart.com.

So there. Download away. The actual upgraded SEO version of that book will be out in early July, but this will be helpful for first time users and those long-term online PR users who want to know some tricks to extending their virtual reach.

So... thanks again, and "yes", count me in on the contribution vs just lurking category.

Warmest regards,
ME

Last edited by Elisabeth : 06-23-2005 at 03:08 PM.
eagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005   #4
Elisabeth

Elisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagent

OK, it was a Daryl Mansfield album after a concert for 300 in Sacramento.

Album. Vinyl. That's a clue, people.
who???

(seriously, I have no idea who that is, though I'm guessing I don't need to)

You're really making a splash on your first day here! winning the member contest + being involved with the Think Big contest winner.

Thanks eagent for sharing your ebook as well - and we're all looking foward to you contributing more!
Elisabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005   #5
eagent
RichContent

Daryl Who?

Thanks Elisabeth!

he was definitely an unknown... and remains that way.

Evidently he could use some SEO/SEM!

yeah, I'm feeling pretty good about all the cool stuff coming this way. Let's make sure we maintain the balance by continuing to contribute... let's see what I can do to add to the Online PR posts here... see you there!

Warmest regards,
ME
Old 07-07-2005   #6
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
update

wow 160 members since then...pretty good pace...
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005   #7
eagent
RichContent

Update on Think Big Contest and StairCycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Boggs
wow 160 members since then...pretty good pace...
ME: Hi SEW folks...

Just a quick update, and a few metrics regarding backlinks:

Google shows
StairCycle.com with over 17,000 backlinks now. We just received the PR reports from http://www.prweb.com, Businesswire and Yahoo Search Marketing, and that one event has radically altered the nature of StairCycle's web traffic profile.

We're getting 38,000 results in Google, and 18,000 in Yahoo for StairCycle.

Now... it's all about conversion.

Craig, the founder, added a Payment Plan program to the mix (3 payments) to help make the Out of Pocket expense a little more reasonable.

But there is SO much to do to build this into a real brand, ya' know?

I get my first StairCycle next week, and will get you some images, if you're interested. I've been evangelizing Trikke since 2001, and I think this will be another Trikke-type growth curve (Trikke did ~$6 million last year in sales... let's see if we can get StairCycle to that level).

Thanks again for the kudos, and I'll see if I can map the PR statistics over time with this. I'm curious what will happen when the OVerture program goes live, and when we've redone the web site to really rock.

Once we have things in place, I'd like to ping some of you experts in here and see if we can fine-tune the SEO/SEM parts of the site.

many thanks, and have a rockin' week!

Best,
ME

P.S. We were at 21 backlinks and 153 Google Search Results when this all started...

Last edited by eagent : 07-07-2005 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Not ready to send! Band left hand!