Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Marketing
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2005   #1
doktorek
Royal Luxury Limousine Rep.

doktorek is on a distinguished road
Whats a good program to do the once-a-month submissions??

I know there there is whole bunch of them like submit wolf, etc. Which one of those programs is the best, or maybe I should ask: which one has the most updated and most sites to submit it to.

Right now Im paying for search engine blaster and I rather buy a program and not pay $40/month.

Thank

Mark
doktorek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #2
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Dont waste your money on programs that "submit" your site to search engines.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #3
mcanerin

mcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Whats a good program to do the once-a-month submissions??
NOTHING! This is completely a waste of time. Search engines don't find you from submissions, they find you from your links. Stop wasting your money and time.

As for monthly submissions to directories, this is a really good way to make sure that quality directories blacklist you, and lousy ones harvest your emails and sell it to spammers.

Choose good directories, and submit them by hand. Monthly submission software is a scam - it always has been.

Ian
Old 06-17-2005   #4
doktorek
Royal Luxury Limousine Rep.

doktorek is on a distinguished road
Somehow it helped me I guess. With some keywords in Yahoo I rank very high. Recently I Sumited the site to Microsof bCentral. Now Im heading towards Yahoo directory listing and business.com. That should give me some good link building. Im doing adwords and Yahoo/overture. Just recently I noticed Im spending way too much money for it.

Now I either invest in a good SEM or try to do this on my own step by step. My PR I think when last time checked was about 4.

I need some good link building.

Thanx
doktorek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #5
mcanerin

mcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond repute
The only "submission service" I know of that isn't a scam is the Submit-It one, and that's because it doesn't pretend to submit you to thousands of sites.

You might want to check out this area for effective link building: http://forums.searchenginewatch.com/...splay.php?f=44

Ian
Old 06-17-2005   #6
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustybrick
Dont waste your money on programs that "submit" your site to search engines.
In my opinion, for the most part this is true, after the site has initially been submitted. It is certainly a fact that you do not need to submit to Google, as long as you have a link to your site from any Google-indexed page, but other search engines warrant a submission. In the old days (2000 and before ), it was important to resubmit pages to the various search engines on a periodic basis. This is no longer the case with most major search engines, however, as they will come back and make sure you are "still around" and "still the same" once you have been indexed. Of course I am speaking at a very basic level here.

Remember that directories are different, however, and often require yearly resubmission.
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #7
I, Brian
Whitehat on...Whitehat off...Whitehat on...Whitehat off...

I, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of light
On the topic of auto-submission - it's been reported here at SEW before that Google could be using its registrar status to auto-index new domains anyway.
I, Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #8
dannysullivan
Editor, SearchEngineLand.com (Info, Great Columns & Daily Recap Of Search News!)

dannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud of
They actually picked up new domains even before they were a registrar. Other search engines I'm pretty sure have done the same.

As Chris said, once you're listed, if you've got good linking, you should find they naturally pick up a fair to good number of your new pages. As for pages already listed, resubmitting really isn't doing much. If you in, and you stay live on the web, you stay in.

If you still feel you must submit, http://forums.searchenginewatch.com/...ead.php?t=6058 discusses the new Google program and ways to spider what you have and automatically ping them with updates.
dannysullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #9
krisval

krisval has a spectacular aura aboutkrisval has a spectacular aura aboutkrisval has a spectacular aura about
Not only are the programs and online services garbage, they can actually hurt you. They say they submit to thousands of search engines. What they really should say is that they submit to thousands of FFA sites and SPAM DMOZ. Stay clear.
krisval is offline   Reply With Quote