Personalized Search, Bookmarks, & Ratings = New Google Patent App.
Methods and systems for personalized network searching
Accordingly, bookmarks that the user continues to use are a valuable resource for the user......While storing the bookmarks on-line addresses the propagation problem, such systems fail to address the organizational problems inherent in conventional bookmarks.....Thus, a need exists to provide an improved system and method for providing personalized network searching.
1. A method comprising: receiving a search query; determining a personalized result by searching a personalized search object using the search query; determining a general result by searching a general search object using the search query; and providing a search result for the search query based at least in part on the personalized result and the general result.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the personalized search object comprises an article associated with a bookmark.
10. The method of claim 1, wherein the personal search object comprises an annotation.
11. The method of claim 1, wherein the personal search object comprises a rating.
16. The method of claim 1, wherein the search result comprises a plurality of search results and further comprising sorting the plurality of search results based at least in part on a rating of each of the plurality of search results.
17. The method of claim 1, further comprising providing an advertisement based at least in part on the search result.
22. A method comprising: receiving an article identifier; receiving a user behavior measure associated with the article identifier; and determining an implicit rating of the article identifier based at least in part on the user behavior measure.
23. The method of claim 22, wherein the user behavior measure comprises a history of user accesses.
24. The method of claim 23, wherein the history of user accesses comprises at least one of: a period of linger time, a quantity of repeat visits, and a quantity of click-throughs.
Last edited by dannysullivan : 06-28-2005 at 01:09 AM.
Reason: Corrected link to read to the right patent