Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdSense
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2005   #1
jmykle

Cool Google AdSense in desktop applications

Hello there!

Let me in to your community about Google AdSense please ! Thanks in advance .

I need a suggestion about using of Google AdSense in desktop applications.

In example, I am developing of the program that uses Google Adsense Search form. People using this program make some search requests and their search will performed with Google and AdSense. For this I use the TWebBrowser Delphi component that is a simple wrapper of Internet Explorer.

Is it permitted or restricted? I asked Google support, but didn't get any answer .

Any suggestion is very appreciated.

Sorry for my poor English and thanks for any help.
jmykle
Old 06-14-2005   #2
Jenstar

Jenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of light
From the AdSense policies:

No Google ad or search box code may be pasted into any software application.

So putting it in a desktop app is against the terms and policies.
Jenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #3
KLCC

KLCC is on a distinguished road
put it on a webpage and display this webpage in your app. problem solved.
KLCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #4
Jenstar

Jenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
put it on a webpage and display this webpage in your app. problem solved.
That would still be against the terms, people have been warned because they did this very thing.
Old 06-15-2005   #5
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenstar
That would still be against the terms, people have been warned because they did this very thing.
Was the reasoning that it is behind private pages that caused the issue or that it was a Web based "application"?
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005   #6
Jenstar

I think it was because of it being still within an app. I know a couple people who ran AdSense within .exe eBooks (they are rendered from webpages so they can be updated on the fly) and were told to remove it.