Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2005   #1
metaphase

metaphase is on a distinguished road
How to get CTR of 200%

I dont know how, but one of my keywords yesterday had 1 impression, and 2 clicks!

Whats all that about?

Surely if it was the same person clicking twice it shouldnt have registered a click the second time and charge me for it????
metaphase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005   #2
Jenstar

Jenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of light
There is the possibility it straddled the date changeover - if the impression was recorded the day before at 11:59 pm, but the click didn't actually take place until 12:00 am. Does the day before show impressions without clicks?

You could also check your logs to show the clickthroughs for that particular one, and see if it shows anything out of the ordinary about those two clicks.
Jenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005   #3
Mikkel deMib Svendsen

Mikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud of
I actually had a couple of keywords once that did 300%. It turned out to be a glitch between the impression and the click data and evened out shortly after. But as long as it lasted it sure looked good to the client

Last edited by Mikkel deMib Svendsen : 05-29-2005 at 07:32 AM.
Mikkel deMib Svendsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005   #4
AdWordsRep
AdWords Customer Advocate

AdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud of
Quote:
I actually had a couple of keywords once that did 300%. It turned out to be a glitch between the impression and the click data and evened out shortly after.
Yep, this is actually the most likely cause.

Impressions and clicks both run about three hours behind real-time, as most everyone is aware. Less well known, though, is the fact that impressions and click don't necessarily update in the same time frame, which can appear to give one a CTR of 100% or above for a short time.

AWR
AdWordsRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005   #5
Alarr
SEM consultant

Alarr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphase
I dont know how, but one of my keywords yesterday had 1 impression, and 2 clicks!

Whats all that about?

Surely if it was the same person clicking twice it shouldnt have registered a click the second time and charge me for it????
Start your own PPC services company. Create a large banner that guarantees clickthrough rates of 200%! You'll be rich!
Alarr is offline   Reply With Quote