Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Member's Lounge > The Padded Room
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which SEW Member is the most Knowledgeable?
DannySullivan 11 22.45%
David Wallace 0 0%
RustyBrick 13 26.53%
Grumpus 2 4.08%
Orion 5 10.20%
Marcia 9 18.37%
AussieWebmaster 0 0%
Nacho 3 6.12%
Others Besides Yourself 6 12.24%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2005   #1
Relevancy
Relevancy Brings Results

Relevancy is on a distinguished road
Which SEW Member is The Most Knowledgeable

I wanted to have fun with the big guns of this site to see whos seen as the most important.

Last edited by Lex : 05-23-2005 at 11:08 PM. Reason: edit per member's request
Relevancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #2
WilliamC
Your Competitions Edge

WilliamC is on a distinguished road
well seeing as I am not in the list, I spose i will pop one in for rusty :P
WilliamC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #3
dilvie
got r00t?

dilvie is on a distinguished road
Wow. What a silly thread. =)

- Eric
dilvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #4
seobook
I'm blogging this

seobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to all
I think the question is either irrelevant or unfocused. most the names on the list know more about some subjects than all the others, so it really depends on what your talking about.

Like IR is obviously Orion, closing is AussieWebmaster, creating a database of historical search information would be Danny, etc etc etc
and then lots of the other names have their specialty. to me its not about who knows the most, but who knows how to use what they know most effectively and do they know who to ask when they are unsure of something.

am sure all the names on your list would score high on some ratings, but the question seems a bit arbitrary.

now if it were some directly tangible thing it would be far easier to measure.
Old 05-23-2005   #5
Relevancy
Relevancy Brings Results

Seobook even though you are not saying anything about you not being on the list, you were one of the names that I was going to use too.

I was looking more of this list as who is the most helpful to SEW rather then who know the most about everything. You again are right up there.
Old 05-24-2005   #6
Nacho

Nacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to behold
Wow, what an honor to be up there on that list. Honestly, I think that unless we have a poll with all 4,550+ members up there, then that poll is a bit unfair and should be cancelled.

I also agree very much with Aaron (seobook) about knowledge and specializations.
Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005   #7
DaveN

DaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to all
The Most Knowledgeable ... hmm depends on what you mean...

Knowledgeable about google, yahoo, seo

Knowledgeable about forum spamming, spam outing, self promotion...

DaveN

think about it before you vote
DaveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005   #8
seobook
I'm blogging this

seobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN
The Most Knowledgeable ... hmm depends on what you mean...

Knowledgeable about google, yahoo, seo

Knowledgeable about forum spamming, spam outing, self promotion...

DaveN

think about it before you vote
I vote DaveN over GoogleGuy by a slight edge at everything but spam outing and self promo
Old 05-24-2005   #9
DaveN

DaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to all
NFFC taught me all I know ..

DaveN
DaveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005   #10
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
I believe the reputation thing we have here is suppose to show this on some level. And Danny is leading the crowd.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005   #11
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute
>>slight edge at everything but

But at doing it or spotting it, though?

>>NFFC taught me all I know ..

Me too.
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005   #12
Incubator

Incubator has a spectacular aura aboutIncubator has a spectacular aura aboutIncubator has a spectacular aura about
I would have thrown the vote to NFFC as well, he has put out some great posts with great insight

cheers

WC
Incubator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005   #13
I, Brian
Whitehat on...Whitehat off...Whitehat on...Whitehat off...

I, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of light
A number of members here will no doubt stop and read certain members very carefully when reading, because the statements are made in an authoritative manner from people with real experience.

You can probably spot some of these, by viewing the memberlist, and making a note of which people have the most reputation with fewest posts.
I, Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005   #14
randfish

randfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to all
On that list, Brian, it looks like:

Ian
NFFC
Andrew
& (shock shock) GoogleGuy
+ many, many more...

On some other forums, I really like:

DazzlinDonna
EGOL
Bragadocchio
Minstrel
RelaxZoolander
DanThies

Last edited by randfish : 05-24-2005 at 08:54 PM.
randfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005   #15
Relevancy
Relevancy Brings Results

This poll is for who is the most helpful along with knowledgeable.. Googleguy is never around
Old 05-24-2005   #16
I, Brian
Whitehat on...Whitehat off...Whitehat on...Whitehat off...

I, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of light
The list of high rep to low post count is longer than that, Rand.
I, Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005   #17
dannysullivan
Editor, SearchEngineLand.com (Info, Great Columns & Daily Recap Of Search News!)

dannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud of
I've split comments about Randfish's cool SEO Quiz over here: The SEO Quiz From SEOmoz.
dannysullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005   #18
seobook
I'm blogging this

NFFC is high on my list too, but he wasn't around the forums recently (too busy watching other things or something <-- insider joke hehehe), plus I get to hang out with him in a day or two