Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Optimization > Link Building
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2005   #1
logbits

logbits is on a distinguished road
16links.com anyone?,

am new to this forum ,one question, there is this website which linked me in it's link page with out me asking them and invited me to do the same for others , he used 16links.com i guess. had anyone tried 16links.com yet . ? hows there service . ? i'm planning to use them for my links ,can anyone comment on this ? . i think they are still free until june 1 . still have time to think. thanks guys

Last edited by logbits : 05-20-2005 at 02:31 AM.
logbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005   #2
jason32

jason32 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I think buying permanent links from relevant and high ranking sites is something that every webmaster out there is looking for. Why pay every month when we could actually get permanent links within the right cost.

Last edited by Marcia : 05-21-2005 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Removed off topic portion.
jason32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005   #3
logbits

i tried them yesturday

i joined there service yesturday . they seem to have a very decent intention . oh well it was free anyways .

i think you miss understood there charges. i think they only charge one time . no hidden charges and no monthly fee . one time payment only. and only for USD9.95 if you got invited to the service .

this might be the new way to revolutionize linking . or maybe not =) hehehe

i think they are still free untill june one maybe give them a shot . before we judge them .
Old 05-21-2005   #4
seobook
I'm blogging this

seobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to all
16links.com is a link farm pyramid scheme. the funny thing is, they also charge a fee too!

avoid 16links.com like the plague IMHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason32
I think buying permanent links from relevant and high ranking sites is something that every webmaster out there is looking for. Why pay every month when we could actually get permanent links within the right cost.
if you want one time fee links and are looking to save money maybe start by listing in a few of the major directories and the like. a few other great one time fee type link building techniques are:
-write articles and syndicate them on other sites
-build tools or content that will acquire links

as far as why should anyone pay a recurring fee goes...

-some ad space has great value and will never be found for a one off fee.
-if the business model does not support ongoing development and / or link building on the site you are advertising on then that site (and that link) become less and less significant by the day if the web grows without it.
-it cost time and money to find quality related places willing to place links.
-most of the services offering links for a one off fee are not going to find related links. one of the better link brokers recently spammed one of my sketchy sites asking to buy links on it (not knowing that the site was mine). trust me that this site is really bad. the link firm I am talking about is not the one you are mentioning, but that spam email went a long way to show me that the one off fee for a link business model is not one that likely affords quality links on most occassions.
Old 05-22-2005   #5
logbits

oh i see , thanks for that info. actually it sounds like a pyramid scheme . i thaought so as well . but still i tried it .

they claim not to be a link farm . i asked them about it to.
they say . they dont even have e-mails and sites stored in there database it's a simple system they added . except there directory .

imho, the interesting thing is i think they added some twist in there pyramid style of linking . i actually got a link back from one of the sites i linked to with there system and it is 100% relevant for i chose this site by myself / i added this to the list 16links was asking from me to complete . interesting . anyways . i think it's more than what you think . i'm not tring to defend this site .. hehehe , it just really got my atention when i got a link back from one of the ten i added .
Old 05-22-2005   #6
seobook
I'm blogging this

seobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to all
>actually it sounds like a pyramid scheme

thats because it is.

>they claim not to be a link farm

nobody claims to be a link farm.

>imho, the interesting thing is i think they added some twist in there pyramid style of linking .

they should add quality and relevancy, but both of those are counter to link building pyramid schemes

>i actually got a link back from one of the sites i linked to with there system and it is 100% relevant for i chose this site by myself / i added this to the list 16links was asking from me to complete . interesting . anyways .

so you are saying you chose what sites link to you? if so the system does not scale. I mean would you chose manually 160,000 sites? also good webmasters are not going to let others decide what links should be added to their site.

>i think it's more than what you think

since I don't think much of it, that might be true.

>i'm not tring to defend this site .. hehehe , it just really got my atention when i got a link back from one of the ten i added .

my general thoughts are why do I need to pay someone to be stuck in their network when I could use the whole web and the quality sites that would not join such a program to select my links from.

Last edited by seobook : 05-22-2005 at 04:55 PM.
seobook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #7
logbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by seobook
>actually it sounds like a pyramid scheme

thats because it is.

>they claim not to be a link farm

nobody claims to be a link farm.

>imho, the interesting thing is i think they added some twist in there pyramid style of linking .

they should add quality and relevancy, but both of those are counter to link building pyramid schemes

>i actually got a link back from one of the sites i linked to with there system and it is 100% relevant for i chose this site by myself / i added this to the list 16links was asking from me to complete . interesting . anyways .

so you are saying you chose what sites link to you? if so the system does not scale. I mean would you chose manually 160,000 sites? also good webmasters are not going to let others decide what links should be added to their site.

>i think it's more than what you think

since I don't think much of it, that might be true.

>i'm not tring to defend this site .. hehehe , it just really got my atention when i got a link back from one of the ten i added .

my general thoughts are why do I need to pay someone to be stuck in their network when I could use the whole web and the quality sites that would not join such a program to select my links from.
hello seo book ,

thanks for commenting . can i invite them over to this forum to clarify more stuff . coz i am really getting confused . i'm really not an expert webmaster so this stuff really confuses me .

so i've been talking to them via e-mail and it really sounds nice . and total opposite of want your saying .

they say the reason why they charge very low 9.95 is because of only one reason . " that is to avoid junk website and quality web pages to be linked to you " if they dont charge anything there might be abuse in there system and irrelevant sites will be added .

it can really understand why you can comment about this website and you havent even gave them a try . how can you be a credible source .

i'm really new in this web business . so i really appreciate your info so much i'm just really confused

Last edited by logbits : 05-23-2005 at 03:27 AM.
Old 05-23-2005   #8
seobook
I'm blogging this

>can i invite them over to this forum to clarify more stuff

it is an open forum. I don't own it. the first question you may want to ask them is why they don't have any links.

btw, since they have virtually no links how did you become aware of this "service"?

>so i've been talking to them via e-mail and it really sounds nice . and total opposite of want your saying .

that is interesting, but have you seen THEIR linkage data in Google
http://www.google.com/search?q=link:...w.16links.com/ 0 links

Yahoo! Search
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=lin...ww.16links.com
1 link

>it can really understand why you can comment about this website and you havent even gave them a try

if I had to buy everything in the world to know anything about it then I would be a man who did not learn from past mistakes. i would be bankrupt and stupid. even glancing at a site takes a bit of time and is an opportunity cost in and of itself. in that regard, I feel I have already paid.

>how can you be a credible source

just sharing my opinion. calling a spade a spade.

perhaps having 0 links in Google makes their link scheme site look less than credible?

Last edited by seobook : 05-23-2005 at 03:32 AM.
seobook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #9
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
how can you be a credible source .
Because he is a credible source, and very knowledgeable about linking. I assume the question was asked here to get honest responses, and that's what you got.

Quote:
it can really understand why you can comment about this website and you havent even gave them a try .
It doesn't take participating in a scheme to be able to evaluate it. That is what we are *supposed* to do - evaluate first, then decide.

I'm afraid it's unlikely you'll find anyone here who has given them a try, or will, and if that's how you see it, then what I don't understand is why you asked for comments here.

Quote:
can i invite them over to this forum to clarify more stuff .
No, please do not invite them to this forum. They'll try to promote their deal and we don't allow promotion or self-promotion.

You've actually been given the most authoritative, objective answer you'll be getting. Now the choice is up to you.
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #10
logbits

oh i did'nt mean to offend anyone here .

sorry guys ,

oh well thanks for the additional infos .

why dont they have links <

sir seobook , they said they dont have any links because they are less than 1 week old . i checked in the whois and they just registered the site recently.

how did i got to know about them ? <

some other webmaster of a website invited me to join here via e-mail through 16links . hehehe

being credible .<

oops sorry didnt realize who i was talking to . my appologies sir

google links <

they are less than 2 weeks old and a month upon registration .

my point of view ,<

i think they genuinly want to help out in linking . they even asked me how much am i willing to pay for it . relaying your comments to them . hehehe . i quoted you by the ways sir seobook .

thanks so much guys . hope i can get some more feeds from you guys .
Old 05-24-2005   #11
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
Keep it cool

Let's keep this cool, or there will have to be some time-outs issued.

Seriously, this is an interesting topic, so let's try and see if we can continue on a civil manner. Since linking seems to be the "flavor of the day" in SEO discussions, knowing as much about as many products out there will help us all.

SEObook please be nice, and logbits please quit trying to bait SEObook.

As Marcia said, it may not be wise to invite a company rep to this forum, although this is a free country, as they say. Perhaps if logbits would relay their answers to SEOBook's comments, it may keeps things cooler. Otherwise I see this thread on the way to the graveyard soon...
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005   #12
logbits

hehehe ok