Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdSense
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2005   #1
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Google AdSense for Feeds: Beta

Via Philipp Lenssen, you can apply to place AdSense in your RSS feeds at http://services.google.com/ads_inquiry/aff

I applied, this can be a nice.

More info at the Google Blog.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #2
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
As an FYI on this. I have been approved shortly after applying (like 3 hours after) and the rss ads have not been working. Google is working on it. So this is real beta stuff. I am running MT 2.x, a popular blog format. The code provided simply doesn't work at this point.

I have been going back and forth with Google to resolve the issues.
Old 05-23-2005   #3
Jenstar

Jenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of light
I think because of the way ads are served, glitches will definitely be expected. That's why it's beta

I for one was very impressed at how quickly they actually got this out for accepting beta applications after the initial sighting on LonghornBlogs. But it did create a huge amount of buzz when LonghornBlogs RSS AdSense went live, and doubly so when they announced that people could apply for it.
Jenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #4
rustybrick

I agree with you. I am glad to help out with this. In fact, I think that is why they let me. I won't make a stupid mistake putting the code in, in fact, we found stupid mistakes in their code. So its fun, this is the stuff I do all day.

What is interesting is that Loren Baker (from Search Engine Journal) actually saw the Google Ads in my feed twice. He took a screen capture of it. But its not working 95% of the time. I never saw it and I am constantly monitoring my feeds. Here is the capture.

Last edited by rustybrick : 05-23-2005 at 07:24 PM. Reason: downsized image
Old 05-23-2005   #5
rustybrick

Wait, now I see it in Safari RSS, check out my timeline at my blog, i named it Google RSS Ads - Come & Look.

Old 05-23-2005   #6
Jenstar

Jenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of light
It is interesting to see how different yours looks when compared to the LonghornBlogs version.

And of course, I had to chuckle when I saw the Ads by Goooooogle
Jenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #7
rustybrick

Weird, now it says Goooooogle