Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Advertising > Contextual Ads & Alternatives
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2005   #1
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Contextual Video Ad Network Launched

Gary Price, you know the news editor over at SEW, informed me of Contextual Video Ad Network Launched. This is wild, and its named Vidsense.com. Basically, to use this product, a "website publisher place a chunk of code on their site and Vidsense will deliver contextual video clips, each preceded with 15 to 30 second commercials."
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005   #2
Nacho

Nacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to behold
Wow, they will do anything to put stuff on the web these days. I wonder when the shift will move from more Internet time to less TV time?? But then, with stuff like this it will push Internet time back to spending more TV time. I personally do more Internet time, but it really relaxes me when I have my TV time right before bed time. Although it's tought to get away from that last refresh for new mail before signing out, which gives me more Internet time. Agrrrr... I'm confused now
Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005   #3
dyn4mik3
Michael Nguyen

dyn4mik3 is on a distinguished road
They need to work on their site design - looking at the site makes me think it is a scam, even if it isn't.
dyn4mik3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005   #4
Jenstar

Jenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of light
I was writing my blog entry on this when Rusty beat me by a few minutes

I agree with dyn4mik3 - they definitely could use some polishing up on it. And they keep linking to their parent site... which runs AdSense, lol.

It offers pretty limited market areas as well. It is missing some potentially huge areas (such as technology & business).

It is an interesting idea, but in its current form, I really don't think it will be a player in the contextual advertising market. There definitely is room for this kind of program, but Vidsense would need a major overhaul from its current incarnation to do so.
Jenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005   #5
Jaffer

I think everybody is not getting it...

Folks,

Jaffer Ali here, CEO of the new Vidsense program. First, this is not a contextual advertising play at all...it is a contextual CONTENT play. That is why we are limiting it to the content areas that we have a lot of content to offer.

I agree that EVTV1's website needs help...but that is not what people will see with Vidsense. The player will be seen on websites...not EVTV1. EVTV1 is a video portal...it happens to own the content that is served in the Vidsense program.

To see the Vidsense player, check out two sites that have it on already:

www.BizarreNews.com

and

www.LaffaDay.com

We happen to own both of these sites...but it shows how the Vidsense program works. Anybody that needs clarification, check out the press release on our corporate site at www.PennMedia.com .

Thanks,
Jaffer