Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Yahoo! > Yahoo Web Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2005   #1
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute
MyWeb! Yahoo Quietly Introduces Live Personalization with MyWeb Beta

I spotted it a couple of hours ago quite by accident and could so easily have missed it. There's just a tiny little text link in the extreme upper left corner when searching.

Quote:
My Web BETA - Find it, save it, never forget it
http://myweb.yahoo.com

These are like searchable bookmarks that can be shared, and with a simple mouseclick on the toolbar saves the page - a copy of the page itself, not a link.

I wish I'd had this last week. I read a really important article I just can't find again (even in my bookmarks), and would have it if I'd had this back then.

Nice!

=======================
Added:

Chris Sherman blogged about it earlier on the SEW Blog with a bit of background on Yahoo personalization

And more details in Wednesday's issue of SearchDay

Last edited by Marcia : 04-27-2005 at 02:25 AM.
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005   #2
Wail
Another member

Wail will become famous soon enoughWail will become famous soon enough
This really is just a small extension of mysearch.yahoo.com.
Wail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005   #3
Webvisitor

Webvisitor will become famous soon enough
Identical to Furl in almost every way. I like it.
Webvisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005   #4
Nacho

Nacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to behold
I think the true reason why all these cool functions exist is because Yahoo! (as much as the other players) want to have better control of your information and their crawling/indexing capability. This is why this feature requires you to download the toolbar. Once you have that installed, you're sharing *a ton* of information with them. For more details on what I'm talking about, please visit The Future: Stuff I've Seen (SIS). It's quite amazing!
Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #5
Webvisitor

Webvisitor will become famous soon enough
The more I see of MyWeb the more I see Furl. LookSmart yesterday released news that they are licensing the Furl tech to interested parties. They also revealed they have signed a major media company to a license.
Anyone know if Yahoo is that media company?

Last edited by Webvisitor : 05-17-2005 at 11:56 AM.
Webvisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005   #6
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute
I'm bumping this because it's been about a month since it was first posted, and as of this past week Yahoo has been reflecting our MyWay selections in the SERPs.

This not only represents a big step toward personalizing our search results for us, but I'm seriously thinking that this system may trigger internal attention for manual review of sites in some cases, particularly in certain market niches.
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote