Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Yahoo! > Yahoo Directory
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2005   #1
glengara

glengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud of
UK & Ireland now free submit

Seems they've switched to a free inclusion, great news, or is it ? ;-)
glengara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005   #2
sem4u
Digital Marketer

sem4u is on a distinguished road
If they review the sites I submitted I will be happy

It is probably just a way of getting webmasters to pay $299 a year rather than a 199 one time fee!
sem4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005   #3
glengara

glengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud of
You think they'll switch to the US payment method Sem4U, any change in the other English language versions?
Old 03-01-2005   #4
sem4u
Digital Marketer

sem4u is on a distinguished road
Yes I think they will try and change it to a recurring fee, to increase directory revenues.

Yahoo.ca has a US$299 recurring annual fee and a free option. I don't know if this is different to the usual setup though.

Yahoo Australia & NZ just has the free form.

Last edited by sem4u : 03-01-2005 at 09:56 AM.
sem4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005   #5
glengara

I went all the way with a B2B submission till I got this:
Suggest a Site
Free!
No review time guarantee

So submissions are at least temporarily free...
Old 03-02-2005   #6
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Yahoo.ca has a US$299 recurring annual fee and a free option
I had a site added a couple of years ago through a submission to Yahoo.ca

This is a good move, it can only serve to boost the quality of the Directory by having more sites included that wouldn't have otherwise have been able to afford it. Not a bad move PR wise either, it's good news and is liable to go viral, with the news getting out and giving name exposure even to those who eventually opt for the paid route.
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005   #7
Sebastien Billard
French SEO blogger and consultant

Sebastien Billard will become famous soon enough
In France, Yahoo did also stop its paid inclusion. Now the directory is not maintained anymore...
Sebastien Billard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005   #8
glengara

Hey French Dread, good to see you again ;-)

*Now the directory is not maintained anymore...*

How do you mean, no new sites added since the change?
Old 03-02-2005   #9
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute
Also, the UK Directory had free submit as well as paid a few years ago (I think it was the first year), a friend got his US site in that way back then.

Again - nice move on their part to provide the option; if only they'd do it on this side of the pond now!
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005   #10
Sebastien Billard
French SEO blogger and consultant

Sebastien Billard will become famous soon enough
Hi Glengara well i can see one site included every week, not that much... and most are yahoo/overture or cultural websites...
Sebastien Billard is offline   Reply With Quote