Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2005   #1
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Google Changing AdWords Interface

Google has reported that its Adwords' interface will be unavailable on Friday February 25, 2005 from 9 pm - 12 am pst.
Apparently they are coming out with a new one and need a little time to change the system.
So there will a new topic of discussion this weekend and next week at SES Conference in NYC. Should be fun!
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005   #2
Nacho

Nacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to behold
Man . . . seems like search engines like the idea of using the SES events to present their new toys . . . buz buz buz!
Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005   #3
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
There are a bunch of changes to the interface but the biggest I have heard mention was the tweaking of the Traffic Estimator!!!
The Estimator is supposed to be improved and will show the status of keywords given the spend etc.
So some words will be In Trial, others Normal etc. based on Max CPC and other factors.
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005   #4
sebastian
Deep in the trenches

sebastian is just really nicesebastian is just really nicesebastian is just really nicesebastian is just really nice
GOOGLE - If ya listenin'

1) give me actual conversion numbers instead of only percentages.

2) when filtering keywords in 'edit keywords', give me the words in a memo field box so i can esily remove or edit them

3) allow the ability to toggle "time-out" functionality. I hate walking away to do something and then the account times out without warning. at least overture pops up a window warning you of impending time-out.

thank you - happy friday.

sebastian
sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005   #5
AdWordsRep
AdWords Customer Advocate

AdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud of
Quote:
GOOGLE - If ya listenin'
sebastian, I can hear you loud and clear.

I'd be happy to pass your feedback on - I actually compile feedback from several sources, (with this Forum being among the more important), and pass it on each week to a pretty large audience. I even started a thread not long ago, for just that purpose. At the risk seeming to self-promote, I invite all Forum members to keep that thread very much alive:

What are your Top 5 AdWords feature or tool requests?
http://forums.searchenginewatch.com/...read.php?t=786

Quoting myself (Hey this is kinda fun!):

Quote:
One of my favorite things to do is pass feedback from advertisers along to the right folks at Google, with an eye towards making sure that 'decision makers' are aware of what features you all need to make your advertising more effective, simpler to manage, and so forth.

So here is my question:

What are the top five features and/or tools that you'd like to see included in future refinements of the AdWords program?
So keep that your suggestions/ideas/comments coming, and I will happily pass them on. Doing so is one of my favorite parts of my job.

AWR
AdWordsRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005   #6
logicworks

Stay Logged In To Adwords Without Timing Out

Sebastian - re your note below about annoying 'time-outs' when using adwords. Check out www.stay-logged-in.com - I use it for this very purpose !

Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian
GOOGLE - If ya listenin'

1) give me actual conversion numbers instead of only percentages.

2) when filtering keywords in 'edit keywords', give me the words in a memo field box so i can esily remove or edit them

3) allow the ability to toggle "time-out" functionality. I hate walking away to do something and then the account times out without warning. at least overture pops up a window warning you of impending time-out.

thank you - happy friday.

sebastian
Old 02-28-2005   #7
The Generator

The Generator will become famous soon enough
This is the first change I noticed

I've noticed the following change in Adwords this morning. It wasn't in place late last week:

Before, when you changed the matching status of a disabled or on hold keyword, it's status would then immediately change to "normal." Now when you try to do so, the status is always listed as "on hold."

I suppose the huge ramification of this will be that it will take longer or altogether prevent disabled or on hold words from being reactivated.

Last edited by The Generator : 02-28-2005 at 11:16 AM.
The Generator is offline   Reply With Quote