Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Advertising
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2005   #1
Chris Sherman
Executive Editor, SearchEngineWatch.com

Chris Sherman is a jewel in the roughChris Sherman is a jewel in the roughChris Sherman is a jewel in the roughChris Sherman is a jewel in the rough
Forecasting Strategies for PPC Budgets

Budgeting a paid search campaign can be challenging. First, you need to decide which terms to bid on, and then how aggressively you want to bid to maintain a desired position. Do you need to be #1 for all of your terms

Today's SearchDay article, Forecasting Paid Search Traffic, covers a recent Search Engine Strategies panel where a group of experts offered advice and tips on how best to optimize a paid search campaign, to get maximum results regardless of the size of your budget.

Comments welcome!
Chris Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005   #2
shor
aka Lucas Ng. Aussie online marketer.

shor is a jewel in the roughshor is a jewel in the roughshor is a jewel in the roughshor is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Sherman
Comments welcome!
I'll bite. A concise and clearly structured article on how and why we should optimise PPC campaigns. Excellent take-out from the panel.

This is an article that has many points I'm happy to reiterate in my ongoing struggle (battle?) to educate management on what paid search means.

- Recognise the difference between obtaining conversion vs volume
- Specify individual and different objectives for each PPC campaign (and within each campaign) while identifying corresponding metrics rather than chasing broad all-encompassing targets
- Realize the ability to forecast PPC performance instead of focusing on analysing past and current results

Definitely be forwarding the article to a few colleagues.
shor is offline   Reply With Quote