Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > SEM Related Organizations & Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2005   #1
Joseph Morin

Joseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of light
Web Analytics Association (WAA) Trade Group Formed

Several well-known players in the Web analytics business have joined to create the Web Analytics Association (WAA).

The first scheduled meeting is to be held at the Emetrics Summit held in Santa Barabara, CA in June.
Joseph Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005   #2
andrewgoodman

andrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to all
It's an excellent membership structure IMHO and promises to offer excellent learning opportunities. I plan to join at the "ordinary" professional member level ($129) at first.

http://www.webanalyticsassociation.org/en/cms/?54
andrewgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005   #3
MakeMeTop
Complete SEO Dunce!

MakeMeTop will become famous soon enough
Congratulations on getting this going. I know how hard it can be setting this sort of thing up. Certainly I/my company will be joining. Web analytics is one of the most important components in running successful SEM campaigns!

And briefly wearing my SMA-UK hat, we look forward to seeing how we can co-operate and/or assist in development in the future.
MakeMeTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005   #4
Mike Grehan

Mike Grehan is a name known to allMike Grehan is a name known to allMike Grehan is a name known to allMike Grehan is a name known to allMike Grehan is a name known to allMike Grehan is a name known to all
Well done Jim, Bryan, Seth et al.

I know you've all been hard at it behind the scenes. And it looks like you have just the right mix and match for a powerful and useful industry resource.

You can count on my support and membership...

But I just need to go read some of Bryan's columns to figure out what this conversion stuff is all about first

God bless WAA and all who sail in her!
Mike Grehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005   #5
toprank
Lee Odden

toprank will become famous soon enoughtoprank will become famous soon enough
Definitley a need for this organization, I joined. It would be great if you could pay online though....
toprank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005   #6
claus
It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory.

claus will become famous soon enough
Interesting - there's been some initiatives earlier both from the ARF and ESOMAR (dating back to the Worldwide Internet Seminar in 1998, afaik) but i haven't heard anything about progress in this area for a few years now. Examining their sites, there's an absence of internet related subjects, apart from the Worldwide Audience Measurement Conference in Montreal this June.

The IAB in UK is still doing something it seems (or is that page simply old?). The US IAB has also made some progress, although only related to advertising, but that was expected. Btw. it seems they also have a Search Engine Committee

I'll have to study the WAA site a bit closer. At first look it seems there's just too many vendors of measurement systems involved, which could imply a biased view about things. Anyway, i might be wrong
claus is offline   Reply With Quote