Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > SEM Related Organizations & Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2005   #1
Nacho

Nacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up SMA-NA Website is now LIVE!

Just got word passed around (thanks to Debra):
The SMA-NA website is up, running and waiting for everyone to Register!

After registering, please check your email for a confiramtion and opt-in notice. The registration and log-in links are under the logo in the top left of the website.

See you on the SMA-NA forum!

http://www.sma-na.org
Now, its your turn to pass around the news to others.

Saludos!
Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005   #2
ksg926
Kim

ksg926 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Looking forward to it

Looking forward to the new forum, Association, sharing ideas & meeting new friends! Thanks!

KSG

Last edited by ksg926 : 02-18-2005 at 04:00 AM.
ksg926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005   #3
I, Brian
Whitehat on...Whitehat off...Whitehat on...Whitehat off...

I, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of light
No - not phpbb!
I, Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005   #4
Jill Whalen
SEO Consulting

Jill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really nice
I'm confused! The SMA-NA website is just a forum?
Jill Whalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005   #5
ksg926
Kim

ksg926 is on a distinguished road
Post Association Questions?

Jill -

The way I understand it - it is an Association. Non memebers can post and benefits of membership are being discussed...

K.
ksg926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005   #6
Incubator

Incubator has a spectacular aura aboutIncubator has a spectacular aura aboutIncubator has a spectacular aura about
Talking

Thanks for the info Nacho, I signed up ....
Incubator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005   #7
inlogicalbearer
SEO and Marketing News from North

inlogicalbearer is on a distinguished road
Impossible to me to reach it directly (operation timeout) ?
I can see-it only using a bridge like anomyzer !!!
Anybody else ?
inlogicalbearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005   #8
mcanerin

mcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond repute
For the record, at the early parts of forming the SMA, communication between the working group, SIGs and members is crucial - so we decided to go with a model that allows for strong communication and feedback - "asking" rather than "telling".

The front page will be shortly much more full of information. There was a site design we really liked that was built by one of the members of the website SIG and contained a really nice communication architecture.

And we are moving towards something like it (but obviously customized for us), building block by building block.

I assure you, the SMA-NA is NOT a forum. The forum is just the beginning, and the perfect compliment to the goals of the working group - collect information and communicate goals and ideas.

Frankly, there are plenty of SEO forums with great people and information in them, and so far no one on the working group has shown any desire to compete with them. This is a member forum, not an SEO/M forum (though there may be overlap at times, of course.)

We will be adding the HTML pages shortly, followed by a wiki and probably a news blog.

One issue is that we want any "official" communications to be translated into spanish and french as much as practical, which will slow down the posting of that information.

Another issue is that there is a Communications SIG (responsible for the content of the site) and a Website SIG (responsible for the design and implementation). the website SIG has been quite active, but at the moment I'm all alone in the Comminications SIG - though I'm actively inviting people to join it, so that should change shortly.

In the very near future, we will also be compiling all the major important posts that are scattered around the web in various forums, blogs and emails and bring them together in a single spot - and a forum as deemed the best way to do that, as well.

In short - this version is NOT *final*. We still have to work on the colors, layout, content, etc. But the forum part is *functional*, and we wanted to open the site to the public ASAP, hence the "beta preview" or soft launch.

I do invite everyone interested to check it out and feel free to ask questions and provide feedback.

For members of the other SMA's and SMA startups, we already have a section of inter-SMA activities intended to allow us to communicate on cross SMA issues - feel free to use it, if you wish.

Additionally, if you would like to help us out and have a special skill or interest (we are looking for strong communicators, writers, and marketers now for the website content phase) we'd love to have you join and contribute!

Ian

Last edited by mcanerin : 02-19-2005 at 01:07 PM.
mcanerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005   #9
orion

orion is a splendid one to beholdorion is a splendid one to beholdorion is a splendid one to beholdorion is a splendid one to beholdorion is a splendid one to beholdorion is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation Bravo!

Good to see the site and forum up. I have some ideas... Hope I can meet with anyone attending SES NY to discuss them.

Cheers

Orion
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005   #10
telNform
White-Hat this!

telNform is on a distinguished road
Auth Code

The Auth Code doesn't appear to be working ... I gave up after 6 attempts.

Every time (and trust me I double and triple checked) this message keeps popping up: The confirmation code you entered was incorrect.

I would check this out

Update : now it is working just fine ... sorry for the alarm

Last edited by telNform : 02-18-2005 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Update
telNform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005   #11
Nacho

Nacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by telNform
The Auth Code doesn't appear to be working ... I gave up after 6 attempts.

Every time (and trust me I double and triple checked) this message keeps popping up: The confirmation code you entered was incorrect.

I would check this out
I had the same thing happened to me.... It's case sensitive.
Old 02-18-2005   #12
mcanerin

mcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond repute
I'll see if there is a way to make registration work better - sorry for any confusion - we are still swatting bugs

Ian
Old 02-19-2005   #13
mcanerin

I'd like to take this opportunity to cordially invite ALL members of other SMA (or wannbe members) to sign up to the new discussion board - we have set aside a place just for SMA Guest Members, and there is a nice cool virtual beverage of your choice waiting for you

Cheers,

Ian
Old 02-19-2005   #14
2much

2much will become famous soon enough2much will become famous soon enough
HOw is this different from SEMPO?
2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005   #15
Anthony Parsons
Rubbing the shine of the knobs who think they're better than everyone else...

Anthony Parsons will become famous soon enough
Well, not that anything except an SMA Australia would be off any real relevance or value to me, but I guess I lost interest within 5 seconds upon coming across "Coming Soon!" across nearly every page that I visited.

Nice design though Ian...
Anthony Parsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005   #16
Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2much
HOw is this different from SEMPO?
Marcela, this was addressed in the SEMPO vs. SMA thread. It's a very good read.
Old 02-19-2005   #17
hiero
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score? --Vince Lombardi

hiero is on a distinguished road
I tried to signup also and received the same error: The confirmation code you entered was incorrect.How do you get beyond that? Tried different browsers, but didn't matter
hiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005   #18
mcanerin

Ok, I just tried to sign up as a new user and I'm seeing what you guys are - it was working fine earlier so it's probably due to the new theme being applied improperly (my fault) - working on it - sorry about that!

The site should have content in all pages and be fully functional by Monday - these are just short term roll-out issues. The official launch isn't supposed to be until around Feb 28, so until then strange "beta testing" type things will probably happen occasionally...

[ADDED]

yup, it was my fault. When I installed the new look apparently it turned off the confirmation code section of the signup page. Oops. I'd like to point out that this was entirely due to Ian monkeying around with the theme and NOT the guys actually responsible for installing and setting up the forum.

<note to self - no pushing shiny buttons without actually reading the manual first... >

It works fine now, BTW. We'll get the new look up and ready asap. Thanks for letting us know there was a problem, and sorry about that.

Ian

Last edited by mcanerin : 02-20-2005 at 12:08 AM.
mcanerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005   #19
DianeV

DianeV will become famous soon enough
I was able to sign up (register for the forums) the other day. Glad it's back to being functional.

Ian, what is a SIG? Best to define terms, if possible.
DianeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005   #20
hiero
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score? --Vince Lombardi

hiero is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcanerin
yup, it was my fault. When I installed the new look apparently it turned off the confirmation code section of the signup page.
Ian
Works now that you made the change, the confirmation code graphic wasn't showing up with the other configuration.
hiero is offline   Reply With Quote