Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Member's Lounge > Help Wanted/Jobs Available
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2005   #1
Black_Knight
Ancient SEO

Black_Knight is just really niceBlack_Knight is just really niceBlack_Knight is just really niceBlack_Knight is just really niceBlack_Knight is just really nice
Unique Opportunity - A Trainee Ammon Johns Required

I'm totally serious about this unique opportunity for a person of the right calibre to come and work with Propellernet UK, a Brighton-based Search Engine Marketing company, as a trainee Consultant.

This is not your average trainee position, and a high level of skills are already expected. We do not have the time to spend years on this training, and we are looking to take on an experienced SEO, who already understands the special aspects of Marketing as it applies to the web. Then I will personally train and coach you to take that further still.

The ideal candidate will have a background in sales or marketing, as well as a broad understanding of SEO.
(Clue: If you don't know who I am, your knowledge of SEO is not going to be broad enough.)

You must be a great communicator, as an essential part of this role is to bridge the communication gap that often exists between the Marketing and Technical Departments of Client Companies.

You need to be able to talk to Marketing Directors on their level, and then turn around and talk with Heads of IT Departments on their level without a pause.

You need to have equal passions for both Teaching and for Learning, as you will be expected to do both things each week as a matter of course.

You need high initiative, and the ability to think on your feet. You need to be proactive yet still have fast reactions too.

You must be in posession of a full, clean, UK Driving License, as considerable travel may be involved in the consulting work.

What you get in return:

A salary based upon ability and experience that will be reviewed regularly as your skills are proven. The salary will also include performance-related elements, and on-target earnings could easily surpass 70,000 pa as soon as your skills are up to the demand.

You get to work right on the cutting edge of SEO consultancy, where the work is never dull nor repetitive and we seek unique solutions for every client.

You get to be trained to be a world-class SEO and Web Marketing Consultant, able to stand alongside the very best that our industry has to offer.

I am looking to train an equal, not a junior, so you'll be learning everything that I can impart to you just as quickly as you can absorb it.

This is a completely sincere offer. Your time will not be wasted - I don't expect mine to be either.

CVs should be sent to Propellernet Ltd. - you can find the address for yourself if you're a qualified candidate.

Sincerely,

Ammon Johns (aka Black_Knight)
Marketing Director, Propellernet Ltd.
Black_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005   #2
NFFC
"One wants to have, you know, a little class." DianeV

NFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to behold
Hey!

One Ammon Johns is quite enough thank you.
NFFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005   #3
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
This can be a great opportunity for someone.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005   #4
randfish

randfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to all
BK,

If only you were in Seattle...

I am glad to hear that you're hiring and training personally. I think our industry could use more top-quality people and I have no doubt you'll be able to train someone at a very high level.

Best of luck.
randfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005   #5
Jill Whalen
SEO Consulting

Jill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really nice
If only I had a UK driver's license!
Jill Whalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005   #6
Nacho

Nacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to behold
Buena Suerte Ammon!

Lucky trainee that thakes the job! Looks like 700,000 if you ask me. That's 630,000 in know-how and a good living's wage.
Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005   #7
Black_Knight
Ancient SEO

Black_Knight is just really niceBlack_Knight is just really niceBlack_Knight is just really niceBlack_Knight is just really niceBlack_Knight is just really nice
Wow - thanks for all the interest guys, not to mention the supportive comments. Much appreciated.
Old 02-08-2005   #8
Robert_Charlton

Robert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud of
Ammon - You're going to be a hard act to follow, but I'll bet you're also a great teacher.
Robert_Charlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005   #9
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Does this mean that Ammon is going to start taking it easy? Handing down the sword? I doubt it, right?
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005   #10
Black_Knight
Ancient SEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustybrick
Does this mean that Ammon is going to start taking it easy? Handing down the sword?
It is far more that I need a damned good Lieutenant, someone able to act in my stead, because I can't be everywhere at once - despite increasing demand that I be.

I'm surely going to need someone to cover the Western Front while I work on the Eastern, or vice versa. I have to start training someone for that role now, while I can still make the time to provide training, coaching and mentoring to someone willing to take on this role.

I'm looking forward to the challenges, and the insights this may bring. There's nothing like training someone to make you re-evaluate your own position again, and learn even as you teach.
Old 02-08-2005   #11
lots0

Good luck Ammon, I hope you find the right person.

You must be inundated with apps, what a great opportunity for someone!

Ahhh... to be a fly on the wall at those training sessions...
Old 02-08-2005   #12
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Yes it does seem like quite the opportunity. Pity my kids are here in NYC... would go for The Apprenticeship!
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005   #13
Black_Knight
Ancient SEO

Thanks guys.

Lots0, while there have been some very worthy applications, I've not been innundated. Perhaps a few folks have felt shy?

AussieWebmaster, we do have schools and kids here in the UK too you know - its never too late to decide to relocate.
Old 02-10-2005   #14
Jill Whalen
SEO Consulting

Jill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really nice
Quote:
would go for The Apprenticeship!
Ohhh....Ammon, you could make a reality TV show out of it! Call that guy that started Survivor and see if he's interested.
Jill Whalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005   #15
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Knight
Thanks guys.

Lots0, while there have been some very worthy applications, I've not been innundated. Perhaps a few folks have felt shy?

AussieWebmaster, we do have schools and kids here in the UK too you know - its never too late to decide to relocate.
ExWife may have something to say about taking the kids...
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005   #16
Robert_Charlton

Robert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill Whalen
Ohhh....Ammon, you could make a reality TV show out of it! Call that guy that started Survivor and see if he's interested.
ROFL...
Robert_Charlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005   #17
Black_Knight
Ancient SEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill Whalen
What a thinly disguised attempt to persuade me to have all my secrets broadcast to all.

Seriously, though, there's no way I'd let a film crew sit in on the training or consultancy process. No plans or desire to write a book either. I'm having far too much fun running the farm to go giving it away.
Old 02-14-2005   #18
I, Brian
Whitehat on...Whitehat off...Whitehat on...Whitehat off...

I, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Knight
while there have been some very worthy applications, I've not been innundated. Perhaps a few folks have felt shy?
It's having to live in Brighton that kills it.

Now if you were living in the heart of Scotland, I might actually have looked to throw in some resources your way.
I, Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005   #19
Gurtie
I am woman, hear me whine

Gurtie is a jewel in the roughGurtie is a jewel in the roughGurtie is a jewel in the roughGurtie is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by I, Brian
It's having to live in Brighton that kills it.
it's a very fine place to live more bars than days in the year and more internet-type people than barstools.

Oh ok- sort of see your point
Gurtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005   #20
I, Brian
Whitehat on...Whitehat off...Whitehat on...Whitehat off...

I, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of light
Oh, Brighton would be an adventure to myself, but the missus demands we live in Scotland.
I, Brian is offline   Reply With Quote