Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Optimization
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2005   #1
bakedjake
Smart, Funny, Handsome

bakedjake has a spectacular aura aboutbakedjake has a spectacular aura about
Interview With a Link Spammer

Interesting Article:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/01...mer_interview/
bakedjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005   #2
lots0

Drives a vintage Jag.... Hmmm I think I just might know "Sam".

Ahh if all I had to do was comment spam how easy my life would be.

But the author of this little "story" is way off the mark, he makes it sound like all SEO's do is comment spam, what a load of crap.

This is just like saying that "all journalists are hacks and talking heads that only repeat what their editors tell them to write".

Yes the above statement does fit “some” journalists, but only a few, just like the author of this story stating that “all” SEO’s are comment spammers. Yes a few SEO’s do use comments on blogs and other places, but not all.

Is it just me, or is the quality of “news” reporting currently in the toilet?
Old 01-31-2005   #3
St0n3y
The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know.

St0n3y is a name known to allSt0n3y is a name known to allSt0n3y is a name known to allSt0n3y is a name known to allSt0n3y is a name known to allSt0n3y is a name known to all
Wow, that was really a poorly written article. Very clunky.

I didn't know I was a link spammer, just because I'm an SEO! And I've never even posted a comment on another blog before! Guess I learned something about myself today!
St0n3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005   #4
I, Brian
Whitehat on...Whitehat off...Whitehat on...Whitehat off...

I, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of light
One point really struck out which has gone generally unmentioned before now - ultimately, it's all consumer driven. Nice to see the unsaid said.
I, Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005   #5
creativecraig
Who said that..?

creativecraig is on a distinguished road
Quote:
But you can't just set your PC to start doing that. It'll get spotted by your ISP, and shut down; or the IP address of your machine will be blocked forver by the targeted blogs.
I used to work for BT Openworld on dial-up support, ADSL support and Satellite broadband support and never heard of anything like that happening. At the time we couldnt care just so longs you werent breaking the law and I doubt nothing has changed!

As some one else told me, this would mean that the ISP cared about blog spammers, that they understood what was happening and they daily would analyse the traffic reports so cloesly that they would visit the individual pages and make a decision on what was going on... trawling through hundreds of gigabytes maybe even terabytes of data? They have better things to do with their time!

Not the best article from the register.
creativecraig is offline   Reply With Quote