Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Optimization > Link Building
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2004   #1
Nacho

Nacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to behold
Link Building Services - How much $$ per link?

I've been researching this for a few days now and still come to no conclusion about what is the best fair price or prices to pay for legitimate one way link or even for reciprocral links. I've seen from anywhere of a fixed $25 per link and all the way up to $2500 per month

From what I understand, it all depends on many factors, such as:
  • Number of outbound links
  • Number of internal links
  • Where links are placed on the site
  • How much traffic the site receives
  • How many backlinks the site has
  • How long has it been passing pagerank (in other words, how stable it is)
  • Number of pages on site
  • Is the site considered an authority
  • How relevant is the site sending the link for the site receiving the link
  • Size of the page (affecting loading time)
  • Etc. . .
If you dedicate your services to getting links or you had experience working with a firm that got you links, please share your experience about the pricing structure and if you liked or disliked from theory to the actual in practice of the model.
Old 06-23-2004   #2
seobook
I'm blogging this

seobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to all
I try to get people one way inbound links for whatever the link costs me plus $20. I do not make an arm and a leg off them, but I only get decent quality links. some of them cost $5, some of them cost $50. either way I add $20 to the price and go with there.

that is how I do directory submission and other long term one way link stuff. it is fairly profitable and reasonably priced in my opinion. i only buy links that i think will be around for a while and that are one way with a one time fee.

that is how I start and then depending on how competitive the field is I can do all the other link building type of stuff. it is of my opinion (or I have seen significant proof) that most sites are not well connected into the web and just starting off with directory submission can really boost your rankings even for pretty competitive terms.
Old 06-23-2004   #3
Daria_Goetsch
SEOExplore.com - SEO Research Directory

Daria_Goetsch has a spectacular aura aboutDaria_Goetsch has a spectacular aura about
Directory/business directory links we do are $20, usually provide a list of directories for a flat fee that equals out to the amount listed per each link. I agree with seobook, a basis of directory links is helpful.
Old 07-01-2004   #4
I, Brian
Whitehat on...Whitehat off...Whitehat on...Whitehat off...

I, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of light
Pricey. It all gets made to look so pricy when really it isn't.

Last edited by I, Brian : 11-09-2004 at 08:13 AM. Reason: price changes
Old 07-01-2004   #5
David Wallace

David Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to behold
I charge $50 per link, $25 of that for research, inquiry to web site owner or submission and tracking and the other $25 for the success of obtaining that link. This does not include any price the web site where I am seeking the link charges.
Old 07-01-2004   #6
Shak
dot communist

Shak will become famous soon enough
does linkhunting pricing differ by Industry, would have thought its a lot easier getting a link for an information site than 1 selling impotence pills

Shak
Old 07-01-2004   #7
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wallace
I charge $50 per link, $25 of that for research, inquiry to web site owner or submission and tracking and the other $25 for the success of obtaining that link. This does not include any price the web site where I am seeking the link charges.
I guess these are good links?

How do you pitch that?
Old 07-01-2004   #8
Daria_Goetsch

Daria_Goetsch has a spectacular aura aboutDaria_Goetsch has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shak
does linkhunting pricing differ by Industry, would have thought its a lot easier getting a link for an information site than 1 selling impotence pills

Shak
Yes, from my experience, the pricing can differ depending on the industry. Some industries are more difficult to find links for, while others are easier to find, making the cost from the SEO to client differ. Sometimes the industry is so unique, it makes it very difficult to find links. The cost of a link acquired by the SEO from competitive sites, such as topical directory submissions, can be more costly to the client for the same reasons.
Old 07-01-2004   #9
St0n3y
The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know.

St0n3y is a name known to allSt0n3y is a name known to allSt0n3y is a name known to allSt0n3y is a name known to allSt0n3y is a name known to allSt0n3y is a name known to all
for what its worth, here is how we price link strategies:

100 Reciprocal links from quality, theme related sites with a Google Page Rank of 4+: $999

60 Reciprocal links from quality, theme related sites with a Google Page Rank of 5+: $999

40 One-way links from quality, theme related sites with a Google Page Rank of 4+: $999
Old 07-01-2004   #10
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Cool stuff any other link people want to share more information?
Old 07-01-2004   #11
David Wallace

David Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustybrick
I guess these are good links? How do you pitch that?
Yes good links. Usually links from pages with a PR of 4 or better, links from pages that are relevant or in some cases a link from a site that will generate traffic or referrals for the client. It depends on what their goals are.

Don't really pitch it. In other words we don’t really do link building in and of itself. It is more of an "after SEO" service for us. If traditional SEO is not quite doing the trick, then the focus turns to getting more good quality relevant links. Or if they are in a very competitive industry and do not have good external links, then we can pretty much determine from the start that they will need both.
Old 07-01-2004   #12
Shak
dot communist

Quote:
Originally Posted by St0n3y
40 One-way links from quality, theme related sites with a Google Page Rank of 4+: $999
no offence, but last person who I know who participated in something like this, is still recovering from the mess of russian guestbooks and directories ...

suppose a strategy like this perfect for throw away domains, but "could" be dangerous on your main brand site ...

Shak
Old 07-01-2004   #13
St0n3y
The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know.

St0n3y is a name known to allSt0n3y is a name known to allSt0n3y is a name known to allSt0n3y is a name known to allSt0n3y is a name known to allSt0n3y is a name known to all
No offense taken. We don't submit to russian guestbooks (or any guesbooks, for that matter) and are selective about directories. We seek out "quality, theme related sites", as mentioned above.

I would suggest you know a bit more about what you are commenting on before you actually comment on it.
Old 07-01-2004   #14
Shak
dot communist

Quote:
Originally Posted by St0n3y
I would suggest you know a bit more about what you are commenting on before you actually comment on it.
point taken, good luck

Shak
Old 07-01-2004   #15
Daria_Goetsch

Another quick comment. Sometimes the links a company wants you to find have already been acquired by them and there is not much left to find. Cover yourself and do some research about the industry and the current links of the client before promising specific results.
Old 07-05-2004   #16
steve sardell
Go For It

steve sardell is on a distinguished road
To St0n3y , David, and anyone who cares to answer.

With your link building services, excluding directories, do you give a link life guarantee as well as a right of refusal? Thanx!
Old 07-05-2004   #17
Nacho

Nacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to behold
I understand that getting links takes time, specially when they are good ones that will bring a lot of value . . . . . but being realistic here, should links have a time objective (say a month, 3 mos, 6 or a year)? Companies can't expect to pay $1,000 and not touch base again in 12 months, I would imagine. What is the process?
Old 07-05-2004   #18
debraM

debraM is just really nicedebraM is just really nicedebraM is just really nicedebraM is just really nice
Quote:
Cool stuff any other link people want to share more information?
I charge differently for the services I offer. Basic Link Building is done by the link and similiar to what's been mentioned here.

In the last year, I've been doing more "custom" work which revolves around implementing marketing and promotional campaigns in order to secure links. What I charge is dependent on the type of campaign, the industry and how long I think it will take to secure an effective number of links.

Sometimes it only takes a well placed handful to produce the results my clients are looking for. Part of my fee includes taking the time to research their site, positioning and competitors to help them define the marketing goal they wish to achieve. So for me this one is more about time and I charge accordingly.

Then there is the link advertising campaigns..... or buying links client. They want quick results and can pay for them. Love those! There again it's more about time than numbers.

Quote:
do you give a link life guarantee as well as a right of refusal? Thanx!
No guarantees they'll stay in place for any amount of time unless it's a link buy, those I get in writing.

Yes, I do allow my clients to refuse a certain number of links in a basic link campaign and yes it happens occassionaly. Over the years I've learned to be knowledgable about my clients industry before I start so I don't have them refusing links because I didn't understand what they wanted.
Old 07-05-2004   #19
debraM

debraM is just really nicedebraM is just really nicedebraM is just really nicedebraM is just really nice
Quote:
should links have a time objective (say a month, 3 mos, 6 or a year)? Companies can't expect to pay $1,000 and not touch base again in 12 months, I would imagine. What is the process?
IMO regardless of what you pay you should touch base with your client every couple of weeks and let them know what's going on. It's a courtesy they appreciate.

Depending on the industry and the type of campaign, I've had them take up to 3 -4 months to finish.... and I have a handful I work on continually.

The time completion issue should be addresssed in the contract AND it works both ways. Not only do I have to complete by a certain time, but the client has to respond and post the links ( if there are some) in a given time as well.
Old 07-05-2004   #20
Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by debraM
Depending on the industry and the type of campaign, I've had them take up to 3 -4 months to finish.... and I have a handful I work on continually.
Do have an average # of links achived to this 3 to 4 months (average) completion for the typical campaign?
Closed Thread