Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Vertical Markets & Specialty Search > Shopping & Comparison Engines
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2004   #1
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute
Upcoming Become.com Crawler Out on the Prowl

Just picked up in site stats, dated Dec. 3, 2004 and deep crawled on a site that isn't very easy to find:

Quote:
Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; BecomeBot/1.23; +http://www.become.com/webmasters.html)
That's from Become.com, VC backed with some noteworthy principals at the helm:

Michael Yang, President & CEO

Quote:
Michael co-founded mySimon.com in April of 1998 with partner Yeogirl Yun and served as its CEO and later as Chairman.

After mySimon, Michael co-founded Verifia, Inc., a firm that specializes in IP (Internet Protocol) geotargetting for user location information, where he currently serves as its Chairman of the Board.
Yeogirl Yun, Chairman & CTO

Quote:
Yeogirl co-founded mySimon.com in April of 1998 with partner Michael Yang and served as its CTO.

After mySimon, Yeogirl founded the Wisenut.com search engine company in 1999 and built it into one of the only web search engines that indexed over 1 billion web pages (along with Google).

In 2000, he also founded Korea Wisenut and successfully raised $11M in venture capital. Korea Wisenut is a leading enterprise and web search technology provider in Korea with over 200 corporate clients. Yeogirl currently serves as its Chairman.
Their Beta is now invitation only, but looking at the technological background and the track records, this definitely looks like it's worth taking notice of and watching for as one that's likely to Become.
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004   #2
Jenstar

Jenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of light
The BecomeBot was all over my blog yesterday numerous times, I didn't notice it before then. What was interesting is that it showed a site referral, so I know whose blog it was that BecomeBot came through when it hit mine.
Jenstar is offline   Reply With Quote