Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > MSN Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2004   #1
5starAffiliatePrograms
Affiliate Management Consultant

5starAffiliatePrograms is a jewel in the rough5starAffiliatePrograms is a jewel in the rough5starAffiliatePrograms is a jewel in the rough5starAffiliatePrograms is a jewel in the rough
MSN Launches Blog Service with IM Ties

This looks very interesting and I think will take blogs a lot further into the mainstream public's eye.

"MSN began rolling out its Weblog service late on Wednesday in a move likely to rattle the still-emerging market for blog-creation tools.

With the new service, called MSN Spaces, Microsoft Corp's Internet division is closely tying blogging into its MSN Messenger instant-messaging service and Hotmail e-mail service while targeting a mass audience.

MSN Spaces also expands beyond text-based blogging into what MSN is dubbing an "online scrapbook." Users can post digital photos, upload audio and video play lists from Windows Media, and create custom lists of favorites such as restaurant recommendations, said Phil Holden, director of MSN Global Business."

I see lots of teenage blog spammers on the horizon...

Read the rest then come back to discuss:

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1734396,00.asp
5starAffiliatePrograms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004   #2
5starAffiliatePrograms
Affiliate Management Consultant

5starAffiliatePrograms is a jewel in the rough5starAffiliatePrograms is a jewel in the rough5starAffiliatePrograms is a jewel in the rough5starAffiliatePrograms is a jewel in the rough
I just set up a test blog and it's very easy to use. Also looks like the content is pretty spiderable, so I am going to see if it can be used to help with traffic generation. I will let you know how my little experiment works.

Oh side, note - just put up a new blog 7 days ago (actually a feed of someone else's blog) and already got #1 for my KW on Google. Not that it's a real competitive KW, but there were lots of others with "affiliate blogs" before mine and one player who is everywhere in the SERPS. So it felt good to get #1 even without being in any blog directories or anything yet.

Linda

Last edited by 5starAffiliatePrograms : 12-03-2004 at 03:22 PM.
5starAffiliatePrograms is offline   Reply With Quote