Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2011   #1
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of
Adwords Rules Change

Not sure what the genesis of this change is. However, there has a been a lot of activity regarding who is responsible for false and deceptive advertising. The business for misleading the marketer? the marketer for misleading the public? or Google for allowing all of them to run Adwords ads to mislead the public with little to no legal review. There are millions of false and decptive ads run on Google everyday from which Google turns handsome profits... See Q4 results! At some point the US AG is going to come a knocking and see exactly who is responsible for allowing this practice to continue. When they come a knocking G is telling everyone below the venue in which they will blame it all on you is going to be in Santa Clara, California.

Quote:
Google My Client Center Tool Rules of UseYou must read, agree with and accept all of the below (the "Rules") before you may use the Google My Client Center Tool. "You" means the party listed on the account you are currently logged into and you represent you have the authority to agree to these Rules for that party. By clicking "I accept" below, you accept and acknowledge the following:

AdWords Program Use
Your use of advertising, account management and other features offered in connection with the My Client Center (the "AdWords program") on behalf of a specific advertiser whose account(s) is linked to your My Client Center is governed by the separate Google Advertising Program Terms that the advertiser enters into with Google from time to time (the "Terms and Conditions") and you agree to be bound by those Terms and Conditions. You acknowledge that the Terms and Conditions include, among other terms, provisions covering venue and governing law. If any of your advertisers’ Terms and Conditions conflict on venue or governing law, you agree to be bound by California law and Santa Clara County, California venue for all Terms and Conditions.
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011   #2
sannyhenry

sannyhenry is on a distinguished road
Re: Adwords Rules Change

Oh It is nice to see the news. Thanks for sharing.
sannyhenry is offline   Reply With Quote