Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > CMS and SEO
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2011   #1
senior seo

senior seo is on a distinguished road
SEO Ranking

In business, sometimes image is all we have. Many companies survive on their image alone. Sure, they had to work hard to build that image, but it’s the image they have built that lets them thrive.
Two quick examples: Nike would never be able to sell sneakers for $120 a pop if they slapped on a Wal-Mart logo. Same shoe, same manufacturer, same quality, but the Nike swoosh makes all the difference. I’ve heard stories of popular authors releasing books under a different name only to find that it was their name that sells their books, not their writing. As long as the quality that got them popular is (mostly) maintained, their image does the rest
senior seo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011   #2
MAaron
Developer

MAaron is on a distinguished road
Re: SEO Ranking

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior seo View Post
In business, sometimes image is all we have.
Image - and a quality product or service to back it up.

Without substance behind the image, we enter the Madoff Zone.

Regards,
Melanie

EWORLDWIRE(R) Press Release News Wire Service (eworldwire dot com)
VOXSI(R) Video Production Service (voxsi dot com)
MAaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #3
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

the brand is important but it does need substance - a shoe that falls apart will not stay popular
Old 05-06-2011   #4
wildnetSEO

wildnetSEO is on a distinguished road

SEO Ranking for any of the website we have to use some white hat SEO techniques that provides the advantage for increasing the ranking and find the better position then before...
wildnetSEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011   #5
expertsguy
Rocket CPA

expertsguy is on a distinguished road

Website owners who understand the importance of Search Engine Ranking are dedicated and committed to achieving top SEO Ranking for the required Keywords/Keyphrases. But this requires proper SEO for the site and hiring the services of an experienced SEO Expert and honest, ethical SEO Company.
expertsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #6
vrmarokia

vrmarokia is on a distinguished road

i believe a good seo always follow the white hat seo technique for ranking and optimization
vrmarokia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #7
bhartzer
Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing Expert

bhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura about

Re: Nike -> walmart logo

Doesn't it really all come down to reputation? Your brand's reputation, even online? So, what happens if you go out and get all sorts of low quality links to your site versus high quality links. That certainly has a big effect on your reputation, huh?
Old 03-15-2012   #8
devv0304

devv0304 is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: SEO Ranking

SEO Ranking Factors

People don’t really understand that there are many different factors that fall into place when determining where a website ranks in the Google search engine results. Some things to keep in mind when you are wondering why your site doesn’t rank well. It is not always just the obvious reasons that are holding it back.

SEO ranking factors :

1. Age of Domain: Age of URL is very important. If you just bought your domain a few weeks or even months ago you have a long road ahead of you. The reality is the age of your website helps build trust. If your website has been online for several years, chances are you have an established business.

2. Domain Hosting: Where is your site hosted? Find out through your hosting company what continent or country your site is hosted in. This can often times play a large role in search rankings. Always use a reputable hosting company. If your company is US based then use a hosting company in the United States. Also, I always recommend a dedicated IP when you can. There are virtual dedicated and cloud hosting solutions that are more affordable. Never use the cheapest hosting. The reality is, if you cannot afford hosting you should re-consider the business…I know this is harsh but very true.

3. Your Neighbors: If you have a virtual server, which sites like Godaddy usually are have been known to house hundreds of websites on one server. Make sure that your neighbors on your server are not classified as spam.

4. URL Structure: Make sure your URL structures are very clean. There should not be any random strings of characters at the end of your URL’s. This is part of the onsite search engine optimization process as well.

5. Content: Content is very important. To start make sure you have text on all your important pages, then make sure it is good text consisting of your targeted keywords spread throughout naturally. Simply put, ALWAYS write your content for humans, your website visitors first and NEVER write content for the solo purpose to achieve Google search engine rankings. Chances are the content will not be user focused or provide value to your visitors.

6. Internal Link Structure: Make sure your inner pages are linked correctly. Visitors should have easy made pathways connecting to your other pages from every page of your website. Make sure the code of your website is verified and keep flash and JavaScript to a minimum, if you can. Essentially make sure the site is clean, easy to use and interlinked to help the user experience.

7. Trust: Do you at least have a mailing address listed on your website? You should if you don’t. Google likes to see trust factors on websites so anything you can add that could help build trust for your audience will benefit your rankings. I always recommend having a phone number on each page of your website. Make it easy for people to do business with you, it all starts with establishing trust and that starts with contact information on your website.

8. Keywords: Make sure your website is optimized using your keywords. This means any alt tags for images, meta page information and existing content at the very least of things. Remember to naturally optimize your website based on the content of each page of your website.

9. Bounce Rate: Although bounce rate might not seem important if Google sees that nobody hangs out on your website for more than a few seconds before they leave this could be a ranking problem over time. Make changes to get visitors engaged with your website. Simple things, like video, newsletter sign up, call to actions, etc will help improve your bounce rate over time. Make sure you have proper tracking on your website, such as Google analytics.

10. Outbound links: Make sure the websites that you link to are 100% relevant to your business and industry. If you sell animals toys but you are linking to a site that sells shoes that is not very relevant and over time could really impact your rankings. Bottom line is if it makes sense to link to another site, then do so, but remember you could be sending your visitors away from your site.

11. Inbound Links: I know this was a list of my top 10, but I felt I had to mention inbound links. The key here (speaking as a white hat SEO person), don’t buy or exchange links. Market and promote your business online to build visitors to your website over time. If you do, then the relevant links will follow!

As the Google algorithm changes there are always new ranking factors that come into play, such as the page load time and many others. I am sure when I re-do this list a year from now, there may be another one or two additional factors.

There are many extensive factors that Google uses when determining website rankings. Very important to get these factors correct otherwise you could find yourself just spinning your wheels. The bottom line is it is all about relevancy and earning your visitors (and yes Google’s) search engine trust over time.
devv0304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012   #9
matthewt

matthewt is on a distinguished road

Interesting! I have heard that about authors: Popularity sells. However, it finally has kicked in. Very interesting.

matthewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012   #10
Dodger
Honorary Member

Dodger has a spectacular aura aboutDodger has a spectacular aura aboutDodger has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior seo View Post
In business, sometimes image is all we have. Many companies survive on their image alone. Sure, they had to work hard to build that image, but it’s the image they have built that lets them thrive.
Two quick examples: Nike would never be able to sell sneakers for $120 a pop if they slapped on a Wal-Mart logo. Same shoe, same manufacturer, same quality, but the Nike swoosh makes all the difference. I’ve heard stories of popular authors releasing books under a different name only to find that it was their name that sells their books, not their writing. As long as the quality that got them popular is (mostly) maintained, their image does the rest
Not sure what this has to do do with CMS and SEO, but I will give it a crack.

You are talking about "branding". And well, if you have a good product that lasts, endures, and gains respect ... then you triple the price.

Standard commerce suggests that the more a product costs, the better it is. People just think that way. Charge more, till it hurts.

[sarcasm]If this has to do with CMS and SEO, then I am your guy! Hands down. I will rework your site, get it top ranking, and give your client the easiest CMS imaginable. I charge a nominal fee of $350/hour, work weekends, do not rest until the job is done. It may take me a few weeks (non-stop) but the work is phenomenal, guaranteed, and will withstand the ticking of time. I am Nike![/sarcasm]
Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013   #11
pauldmitchell13
Paul D. Mitchell

pauldmitchell13 is on a distinguished road

Image optimization is one of the effective seo trick. Images also play a good role in google image search query. So, use alt image option, title option properly.
pauldmitchell13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013   #12
seojoy

seojoy is on a distinguished road

Search Engine Optimization or SEO is really important for any business... Image optimization and brand management is a good task to promote any business.
seojoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013   #13
sachinagg

sachinagg is on a distinguished road

Image optimization is also a part of SEO.Without SEO any web based business can not successful.SEO is very important for any type of business.Brand and image optimization helps many more to a business.
sachinagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #14
cooluks

cooluks is a jewel in the roughcooluks is a jewel in the roughcooluks is a jewel in the roughcooluks is a jewel in the rough

Love it or Hate It, There’s No Doubt That Google Prefers Brands...

Read more at http://www.searchenginejournal.com/l...s-brands/59379

More Related article posts about brands:

http://www.seobook.com/learn-seo/inf...ing-brands.php
http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerdoo.../apple-google/

Last edited by cooluks : 10-07-2013 at 11:00 PM.
cooluks is offline   Reply With Quote