No am not doing 4 50.00%
Yes am doing but not click to call 0 0%
Yes with click to call 3 37.50%
Plan on doing soon 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2010   #1
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Mobile PPC

How many people are doing mobile PPC? How are you doing? Are you using pay per call?
Old 11-16-2010   #2
AccuraCast
This is just a forum. We're here to discuss ideas

AccuraCast is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Mobile PPC

We've been doing mobile PPC since the launch of mobile ads about 2-3 years ago. It has never accounted for a significant stream of clicks, not even in mobile-specific sectors.

Pay per call has also been setup on all our client accounts, but once again, it doesn't deliver anything extraordinary.

Both mobile and pay per call ads within mobile are nice to haves at present, which can be bolted onto an existing campaign with little effort.
Old 11-16-2010   #3
AussieWebmaster

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

I have found service industries get the biggest lift
Old 11-24-2010   #4
Brian Sekerak
Paid Search Marketing Director

Brian Sekerak is on a distinguished road

I have ran mobile for several clients, most in the service industry, and we did see some good results from click-to-call, but it was nothing profound.
Brian Sekerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010   #5
AussieWebmaster

all about volume and search types - 25% of searches are from phones these days
Old 11-25-2010   #6
AccuraCast

@Aussie where did you get that statistic from? It seems too high.

What's more likely is the old statistic that 25% of smart phone owners use mobile search
Old 11-25-2010   #7
AussieWebmaster

I could have that wrong - but this suggests 20% by next year
http://techcrunch.com/2010/06/16/mob...ch-20-percent/
Old 11-25-2010   #8
AccuraCast

Interesting. I do wonder how true that is though - could just be the mobile PR machine working overtime (and over-hyping) as always!
Old 11-25-2010   #9
AussieWebmaster

not if you think how much people do local searches etc while on phone and the massive use younger people now see thier phones as their main communication and information device
Old 01-12-2011   #10
SEORockStar

SEORockStar is on a distinguished road

I don't think we can make much money with MOBILE PPC, that's why I have not yet gave a try to it
SEORockStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #11
Brian Sekerak

I really think it depends on your industry, I have heard of companies that say it makes up 30% of their business (which I thought was a reach), but again its hard to say.

One thing to keep in mind is that Google deems the Ipad a mobile devices, and since those are hard keep on the shelves, it might be worth the work to at least test, clearly not click to call, but maybe a general ad test.
Old 01-13-2011   #12
AussieWebmaster

mobile PPC is viable but needs the right product and services - location based proves successful if done right
Old 01-19-2011   #13
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of

I think the thread has reached the logical conclusion.

Mobile PPC is for on the go searches and purchases.
Most often this simply means Mobile PPC is a phone number lookup or a map to a specific store or service. ATMs, Parking, Dinner reservations.

However I find that often I am not using PPC to find and connect with these service. On my phone I voice query a resaurants name, view it on the map and then click the phone number to call. This is not a paid ad, its normally a free google listing. However, I believe that although it is free now, Google will soon start charging for these listings.

Some services can really see their sales skyrocket with mobile PPC or free listings

Locksmiths, Cabs, Towing are good examples where I simply need to find a service in the area, call them and hire them to help me here and now. Really don't care too much about brand or price, just get here and help me.
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011   #14
AussieWebmaster

I use mobile to check options within walking distance for all sorts of things - zip code advertising works - only grab those close
Old 02-02-2011   #15
MAaron
Developer

MAaron is on a distinguished road

Even when not in front of a computer, people are found using their mobile devices - to check their Facebook account,
Tweet and search professional profiles.

Most everyone has at least one cell phone - on a belt, in a purse - or even more likely, holding one in their hand.

Don't discount the value of mobile and mobile PPC as growing faster than you might believe.

Regards,
Melanie

Last edited by AussieWebmaster : 02-05-2011 at 05:59 PM.
MAaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011   #16
AussieWebmaster

mobile is a big component of where the web is going
Old 02-16-2011   #17
Caitlyn

So far i have not uesed this mobile seo and mobile ppc. this mobile seo and mobile ppc is different from normal seo. what are the changes are there in steps
Old 02-22-2011   #18
paulseoworks

Thumbs up Re: Mobile PPC

The Mobile marketing world I guess has not been around long, but our company is now researching all the best practices involved in advertising on mobile devices as well as SEO related to mobile browsers and websites.
Old 01-24-2012   #19
Brian Sekerak

I have setup, developed, and designed many mobile sites, and for the majority of them 10% - 20% of total site traffic was coming from mobile.

The first thing you should do is understand the patters of mobile users through an analytics platform like Google Analytics, that way you can design the most important channels on your mobile site, then like any other site develop content as needed.
Old 01-24-2012   #20
AussieWebmaster

food point Brian - given mobile pages need to be smaller - choosing the right stuff for them is important