Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Yahoo! > Yahoo Paid Inclusion
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2010   #1
Avalon
"Even small people can make a difference in the world"

Avalon is on a distinguished road
Dropped from Yahoo Directory

Anyone know if Yahoo is culling their directory and only showing sites that pay to get listed? My client had a site listed years ago when it got grandfathered in with their paid model. We noticed a big drop in traffic for some key terms and I'm guessing it's from their disappearance from the site altogether. I also have a client that pays and she's there still.

help...
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010   #2
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Re: Dropped from Yahoo Directory

Interesting - could be that it is now seen as a business site and things were changed enough so that it no longer has free status
Old 05-10-2010   #3
Avalon
"Even small people can make a difference in the world"

Avalon is on a distinguished road

Hi Aussie,

It always was a business site and still is. Nothing has changed. We got this site listed when there were not fees to get listed and when Yahoo started charging fees, they of course grandfathered all the listings.

We can't find their site anywhere so I'm wondering if yahoo totally removed all the old sites that never paid fees. Even the existing titles and description seem from only paid inclusions.

Wondering if anyone has had their site removed. Also need to know if I should recommend my client to submit. They lost awesome ranks on key terms.

With MSN taking over Yahoo, noone has any idea on what's to happen next...
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010   #4
jag
Forums Valuator, SEW

jag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the rough

I don't think so, one of my client site still lists. Added years back - free listing.

Best,
jag is offline   Reply With Quote