Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > SEM Related Organizations & Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2004   #1
Nick W

Nick W is a jewel in the roughNick W is a jewel in the roughNick W is a jewel in the roughNick W is a jewel in the rough
SMA-UK Release Member Rates

you can grab the pdf here for now as i dont see it on their site. If anyone at SMA has a problem with me making it available, just say so...

Rates are as follows:
  • 250 - individual members
  • 1000 - corporate - plus *benefits*
  • *** Associate memberships - case by case basis
  • 125 - students
  • Ex SEMPO - 10% discount

Much to discuss....
Nick W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004   #2
Andy AtkinsKruger
CEO Web Certain; Editor 'Multilingual Search'; President SMA-UK

Andy AtkinsKruger is a jewel in the roughAndy AtkinsKruger is a jewel in the roughAndy AtkinsKruger is a jewel in the rough
Member Rates

Nick there's no problem making it available - but I'd like to stress that:

- Individual Members have one vote.
- Corporate Members have one vote.
- Student members can't vote.
- Associate members can't vote.

The extra benefits of Corporate Members are that they can have additional people attend conferences and can exhibit at Association events. They have to nominate one person and one person only who can vote.

Corporate members don't gain any extra links or web site positions.

Associate members are suppliers to the industry.

Junior members, we're seeing as an entry level to help people getting into the industry.

Also the PDF is live on the site www.sma-uk.org as is an application form.

Last edited by Andy AtkinsKruger : 11-06-2004 at 07:26 AM. Reason: spelling!
Andy AtkinsKruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004   #3
Mikkel deMib Svendsen

Mikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Much to discuss....
Yes, and thats the whole idea

Now, as most of your already know my focus is on SMA-EU and we are just a few steps behind SMA-UK, so a similar paper will soon come out from us. What we will present is what we, the working group, think is best solutions but by the end of the day everything is up to the members that chose to join. We will, off course, try and come up with suggestions that we believe most will like but we will also be the first ones to accept if members turn out to want things to be different.

To me, thats the whole point of a member driven organisation.
Mikkel deMib Svendsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004   #4
Black_Knight
Ancient SEO

Black_Knight is just really niceBlack_Knight is just really niceBlack_Knight is just really niceBlack_Knight is just really niceBlack_Knight is just really nice
I'd like to add that it is essential to read and understand the Constitution of the Search Marketing Association UK (our by-laws for the trade association) to fully understand why the fee structure is laid out, where they may go, how they are protected, and what the fees are for.

Otherwise, people might make unjustified assumptions about the membership fees (as happened once already).

The constitution is something I'd certainly like to hear constructive criticism of. The aim of this trade association is to represent our industry. It can only do that if we all take the time to express ourselves clearly, so that the association can fairly represent those expressions and make them a part of itself.
Black_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote