Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google Web Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2009   #1
NewKidOnTheBlock

NewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of light
Lebron James' Shot & Google's Time sensitivity

Anyone seen that three-pointer by Lebron James in the second game?
In case anyone isn't familiar with basketball that much: Michael Jordan once hit a legendary shot against Cleveland which has ever since been referred to as "The Shot". A few days ago Lebron James (who plays for Cleveland) hit an incredible three-pointer (after an inbounds pass and only 1 second being left on the clock) to win the game instead of losing the second consecutive game in this play-off series. People/the media started referring to it as "the shot" suggesting Cleveland could now get over "the shot" michael jordan made in the past, because lebron james now made a similar shot in favor of cleveland.

If you google for "the shot" than Michael Jordan's shot is still near the top of Google (a wikipedia page) and a few youtube videos, etc. however there's a google news result and a fox sports story page in the top 10 which both are about lebron james' shot.

Just thought I'd mention it...as I find it interesting to observe that google has such a new event in their top10 twice (the google news, and from another domain)...it reminds me of when I read that NY times article...google realizing that for some phrases they would have to favor time-sensitive results in their algorithms, etc.
NewKidOnTheBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009   #2
NewKidOnTheBlock

NewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Lebron James' Shot & Google's Time sensitivity

Btw, yahoo doesn't serve a result about LBJ's shot, but about the michael jordan shot (at least they get I might be looking for a basketball related result), whereas MSN and ask don't even see I might be looking for basketball.

Google > Yahoo > MSN/ASK

Seems like the distribution of market share is actually fair then again this is just on example
NewKidOnTheBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #3
jag
Forums Valuator, SEW

jag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the rough
Re: Lebron James' Shot & Google's Time sensitivity

Good finding. Hope you would have checked Google's new option "Past year results" that will help you for more research

Best,
jag is offline   Reply With Quote