Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Optimization
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2009   #1
rapidvectorseo

rapidvectorseo will become famous soon enoughrapidvectorseo will become famous soon enough
Google is becoming case sensitive SE...

I am sorry, I wasn't much active on board since last couple of weeks. But i did some research on Google Search algo.
I found Google is becoming "Case Sensitive" Search Engine these days. And this time i found changes in SERP rankings by changing just a single character lower to upper or upper to lower. I couldn't provide you my research report.
But i can provide you one exa. here.
check my website www.rapidvectorseo.com pos. in Google US for "SEO Services" "seo services" "SEO services" ... I am sure you will find the difference in pos.
But did you found the same which i am feeling since last couple of weeks?
rapidvectorseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #2
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Re: Google is becoming case sensitive SE...

Interestingly I see the two at 17 but all lower case is 7 - done without the quotes.... even though you have it capitalzed in you title tag
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #3
Onestop

Onestop is on a distinguished road

I copied and pasted all 3 versions into chrome. You came up the exact same (17) on all three for me. I used the quotes:
"SEO Services"
"seo services"
"SEO services"

Tried again without the quotes and came up the same for all three once again. 17th.
Onestop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #4
AussieWebmaster

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

I used FF and no quotes
Old 04-14-2009   #5
rapidvectorseo

rapidvectorseo will become famous soon enoughrapidvectorseo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieWebmaster View Post
Interestingly I see the two at 17 but all lower case is 7 - done without the quotes.... even though you have it capitalzed in you title tag
Exactly. But I really do think non seo'd and business people will search in lower case letters more often rather than capitalizing words.
What do you think?
Old 04-14-2009   #6
rapidvectorseo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onestop View Post
I copied and pasted all 3 versions into chrome. You came up the exact same (17) on all three for me. I used the quotes:
"SEO Services"
"seo services"
"SEO services"

Tried again without the quotes and came up the same for all three once again. 17th.
I am talking about Google.com US results mah friend. use this add-on for firefox to find out how to check results in US Google results.
http://www.redflymarketing.com/blog/...ent-locations/
I am sure, you'll definitely see the difference.
I am continuously monitoring it and have research report too but without confirmation i couldn't publish it.
Old 04-14-2009   #7
AussieWebmaster

I agree lower case is used more by non industry
Old 04-14-2009   #8
Onestop

Onestop is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidvectorseo View Post
I am talking about Google.com US results mah friend. use this add-on for firefox to find out how to check results in US Google results.
http://www.redflymarketing.com/blog/...ent-locations/
I am sure, you'll definitely see the difference.
I am continuously monitoring it and have research report too but without confirmation i couldn't publish it.
I am confused about how people view their rankings. Hopefully you can clarify this for me.

2 days ago search for all 3 in google chrome (google search US) was ranking you at 17th for all three versions. Today using my google tool bar in firefox you are showing up at 14 for all 3 versions.

My question is this. If some google ranking toolbar shows you having different rankings based on the tool what difference does that make if the actual searches themselves do not show any difference?
Onestop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009   #9
AussieWebmaster

different databases show different results - which means in different areas or to different browsers your results can be different
Old 04-30-2009   #10
jag
Forums Valuator, SEW

jag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the rough

Aussie,

Once the site get well populated all databases / datacenters shows same results. My personal experience

What do you say?
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009   #11
AussieWebmaster

they are close - some have some subtle differences but the more secure the niche they less flexible
Old 04-30-2009   #12
jag
Forums Valuator, SEW

jag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the rough

It differs only when it is not a .com site
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009   #13
netbizseo

netbizseo is on a distinguished road

I dont think making it case sensitive makes any difference. after all the word would mean the same.
netbizseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009   #14
AussieWebmaster

sometimes the caps represent initials and in lower case can spell words but this is only seen in some very extreme situations
Old 11-09-2009   #15
sem4u
Digital Marketer

sem4u is on a distinguished road

For extreme long tail searches case sensitivity does seem to have an impact these days.
sem4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009   #16
Akposking

Akposking is on a distinguished road

Sem4u think i agree with you Good man
Akposking is offline   Reply With Quote