Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2009   #1
sbshawaii
Dude in Hawaii

sbshawaii is on a distinguished road
Adwords Keyword Tool Changes

Anyone notice more broad terms being included in their adwords keyword tool searches? It used to group related keywords at the top of the results and list more broad/related terms below. I just noticed them all mixed together...not sure if it's a glitch or one of their tweaks.

Anyone else notice this?
sbshawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009   #2
Deltron Zero

Re: Adwords Keyword Tool Changes

Arghh! So annoying! And most of the suggestions are totally unrelated, so I now have to sift through a bunch of junk to find the useful suggestions.
Old 03-18-2009   #3
sbshawaii
Dude in Hawaii

sbshawaii is on a distinguished road

Deltron...that's exactly how I feel. I don't need all these un-related one word keywords!
sbshawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009   #4
AdWordsRep
AdWords Customer Advocate

AdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud of

Quote:
I just noticed them all mixed together...not sure if it's a glitch or one of their tweaks.
I will (unhappily) admit to being behind the curve on this one, but will look into it. My initial reaction based on what I see here is that it is an 'glitch' and not a 'tweak'.

Back again when I know more.

AWR
AdWordsRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009   #5
AdWordsRep

AdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud of

Back with an update.

A bit of asking around tells me that what is being reported here is a technical issues known to the engineering folks, and not an intentional change.

Needless to say, Engineering is at work to resolve things as quickly as possible.

I am sorry to say that I don't have an estimated time-to-resolution - and I will exercise my better judgment and not even guess.

I will, however, happily update this thread a couple of hours after I have first heard it is resolved.

In the meantime, please accept both my apology for the inconvenience, and my thanks in advance for your patience.

As an aside, I may have to go dig out one of my old posts about mining the the first hundred or so 'organic' search results for great 'related' keywords - which I still think is a very useful thing to do.

AWR
Old 03-18-2009   #6
Deltron Zero

Thanks for the update AWR! Good to hear it's nothing permanent.
Old 03-19-2009   #7
Deltron Zero

The problem seems to have been fixed. Hooray!

Last edited by Deltron Zero : 03-19-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-19-2009   #8
AdWordsRep

Quote:
The problem seems to have been fixed. Hooray!
I sure do love to hear things like that.

To set reasonable expectations, though, I hear some finishing touches will take through early-to-mid next week. So if anyone sees anything thing odd, hang in there.

AWR