Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Yahoo! > Yahoo Search Marketing (PPC Ads)
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2009   #1
YahooPete

YahooPete is a jewel in the roughYahooPete is a jewel in the roughYahooPete is a jewel in the roughYahooPete is a jewel in the rough
New Targeting Options Now Available

Hi All,

I wanted to let you know about some great new audience targeting features that we just launched for our Sponsored Search and Content Match products.

Specifically, weve introduced:
- Ad scheduling, a dayparting tool that enables advertisers to schedule their ads for display at different times and days across an entire week.
- Bid adjustments, which allow advertisers to specify a premium bid amount for desired demographic groups and audiences.
- Enhanced ZIP Code-level geo-targeting, including greater control of how your ads are displayed.
- Upgrades to the management of Content Match, including the ability to choose what portion of your budget to allot to this product.

You can find out a lot more about these features on our blog or in our Help Center. If you have any questions about these changes that arent answered in either of those places, please post them here and Ill try to answer them.

Cheers,

YahooPete
YahooPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009   #2
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of
Re: New Targeting Options Now Available

YP, good to see that Yahoo is moving forward with improvements.

If your team has not heard this loud and clear, please take note now.

Yahoo needs an offline campaign editor.
(ala Desktop editor/Adwords editor)

Without a campaign editor, managing campaigns at Yahoo is akin to doing your taxes by hand. Next to impossible, painfully slow, and absolutely ineffective.

Is it Yahoo's strategy to count on marketers to circumvent the website admin by using 3rd party bid management tools?

Or perhaps Yahoo is just waiting for MS to join them, at which point you will simply use adcenter's desktop editor?

In any case, I do wish the best for you and Yahoo and hope that a watershed moment will come about soon to make Yahoo SM competitive once again.

Discovery
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009   #3
Mel66
Oversees: Google AdWords

Mel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud of

I second what Discovery said.

In addition, when the enhancements were implemented, all of our previous geo-targeting settings were reset to "all countries." Not a good thing. I suggest that Yahoo retain account settings the next time new features are rolled out.
Old 07-30-2009   #4
SemGeek
Padawan

SemGeek is on a distinguished road

I think this is a good move by Yahoo, but it's a little too late now. Yahoo's market share is so little, that it might not matter all that much. I would of thought that Yahoo would spend more R&D time working on creating a better Content and Site Targeting platform, engineered about some behavioral or highly targeted demographics to try and compete with Google. Perhaps, the new Microsoft/Yahoo Search merger will provide some interesting shifts in strategy, so we will just have to see what they will collaborate on to compete with Google's market share dominance.

Last edited by SemGeek : 07-30-2009 at 10:19 AM. Reason: error
SemGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #5
deanpowel71

deanpowel71 is on a distinguished road

This definitely is a great move by yahoo, but with the market share of yahoo being so low i doubt how much will it matter.???????
deanpowel71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009   #6
rodhull
PPC Campaign Manager

rodhull is on a distinguished road

These changes presumably apply to the US only? Any idea when they'll be rolled out in the UK? Day parting would be particularly useful.
rodhull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #7
deanpowel71

No ideas pal...
Old 10-05-2009   #8
guinanie
SEO

guinanie is on a distinguished road

Thank you for sharing this information about Yahoo search marketing

Last edited by Discovery : 10-05-2009 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Please add an comment and not just a link drop.
guinanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #9
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of

So I guess ultimatel I was right.
We'll be using desktop editor to create our Yahoo campaigns.
But that is still a long way off.
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009   #10
deanpowel71

It will be nice to see the change. Though ever since yahoo has collaborated with MSN it has become great.
Old 11-20-2009   #11
Web Marketer

Web Marketer is on a distinguished road

why does Yahoo is implementing this features so slow..as they know that to make advertiser task more efficiently these are their necessity....
Web Marketer is offline   Reply With Quote