Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2008   #1
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

abbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud of
AdWords - abbottsys Gets the Boot!

Well, after many years of generating great business from AdWords, it seems I need a job. My current employer is not dedicated to the future. Not dedicated to AdWords. Big mistake.

It means I'll be out soon. Ideally I'd like to go straight back to what I love. AdWords.

So, if you need an abbottsys on your side let me know.

BTW: Yes, you guessed it, I'll be advertising for a new job on AdWords. Stay tuned for my exploits.
abbottsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008   #2
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Re: AdWords - abbottsys Gets the Boot!

Google could always use good account reps....
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008   #3
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of

Yea, I am sure Google would kill for someone of your knowledge and experience.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008   #4
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

abbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud of

Thanks Aussie and Rusty.
Old 11-28-2008   #5
shorebreak

shorebreak will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbottsys View Post
Well, after many years of generating great business from AdWords, it seems I need a job. My current employer is not dedicated to the future. Not dedicated to AdWords. Big mistake.

It means I'll be out soon. Ideally I'd like to go straight back to what I love. AdWords.

So, if you need an abbottsys on your side let me know.

BTW: Yes, you guessed it, I'll be advertising for a new job on AdWords. Stay tuned for my exploits.
We're hiring starting Jan 1st for several SEM-related positions nationwide, send me an email via SEWF if you'd like to talk!

Cheers,

Shorebreak
shorebreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008   #6
AdWordsRep
AdWords Customer Advocate

AdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud of

Hi abbottsys,

I am actually 'away from the office' until Tuesday - but can't seem to stay away from the AdWords forums even when I'm on holiday. And in taking a quick look-see I spotted this thread, which really stopped me in my tracks.

I wanted to send you my best wishes for an even better job - and also say 'hang in there'. I know from personal experience that it is a real blow, but keep your spirits up and recall your fan base here on SEW, of which I am an enthusiastic member.

I have been laid off three times in my professional career, twice during slow periods during about 14 years with the same Industrial Design firm, which re-hired me when things got better - well, except for that last time when the firm went under after decades in business.

Then I was laid off from a (not successful!) competitor of eBay, a few weeks before Christmas, in 2000 (not a great time to lose a job, as I recall...)

So believe me, I know the feeling.

I know this probably sounds trite and like a platitude - but I am living proof that it can work: keep your spirits up, know what you want, and keep pushing for it. I landed at Google after an extended period of looking - and it is the best place I have ever worked.

If you do find an open position at Google that interests you, please send me a private message. I'd be happy to speak on your behalf - though I feel that I must say that I don't really have any influence on the hiring process. However, at the same time, it couldn't hurt either.

I wish you the very best of success in finding a new role - one that makes you say "Man, I'm so glad I left that last position when I did!"

Yours,

AWR
AdWordsRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008   #7
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

Many thanks AWR for the kind wishes and advice. I have a couple of things to keep me busy during the job search, including launching an iPhone app for the coupon industry. And of course, even though there are a zillion job websites, I have to test AdWords for job searching.

Of course, I'll keep the forum here informed of my exploits.
Old 12-02-2008   #8
Mel66
Oversees: Google AdWords

Mel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud of

I've been swamped and away from the forums for a while, but I had to stop over when I saw this in my SER feed. It's a shame that any business in this day and age would cut back on SEM. They should be doing the opposite. I bet the company won't even be around in a year if this is the way they think.

Abbottsys, best of luck in your search - I doubt it will take long. If I hear of anything I will let you know.

Melissa
Mel66 is offline   Reply With Quote