Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2008   #1
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

abbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud of
AdWords Advertisers - A Worldwide Conference?

This may be an unpopular post.

I have no idea how many AdWords advertisers there are worldwide, I would estimate around 500,000. But one thing I do know, as a group we give Google around $1 Billion/Month. That's a chunk of change.

What surprises me is that we've never organized. I mean, there's not even the usual "AdWords Advertiser Conference" once or twice a year. (With Google invited as a guest speaker.)

AdWords advertisers command massive dollars, and have amazing global power. Why not organize?

Thoughts?
abbottsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008   #2
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Re: AdWords Advertisers - A Worldwide Conference?

interesting concept - but to pull it off as a united front would be tough - not many would stop buying to make a point
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008   #3
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

abbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieWebmaster View Post
interesting concept - but to pull it off as a united front would be tough - not many would stop buying to make a point
No, I'm not asking anyone to stop buying... simply to organize in some form. A worldwide AdWords Advertiser Conference would be one way.
Old 10-23-2008   #4
AdWordsRep
AdWords Customer Advocate

AdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud of

A very interesting idea, abbottsys. (No surprise there, of course.)

I was curious to see if others would agree, since (as evidenced by the forums on which I hang out) AdWords advertisers seem a friendly, helpful, and social bunch.

Maybe you have just dreamed up an additional career for yourself, to run simultaneously with everything else you do.

In your bio for the new conference site, don't forget to add 'King of AdWords Testing'.

AWR
AdWordsRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #5
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

I think there is merit in having the buyers having a say in development - most industries adapt to the customer
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #6
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdWordsRep View Post
A very interesting idea, abbottsys. (No surprise there, of course.)

I was curious to see if others would agree, since (as evidenced by the forums on which I hang out) AdWords advertisers seem a friendly, helpful, and social bunch.

Maybe you have just dreamed up an additional career for yourself, to run simultaneously with everything else you do.

In your bio for the new conference site, don't forget to add 'King of AdWords Testing'.

AWR
Thanks AWR. I will ponder this some more. I was kinda hoping for more response from this forum.
BTW: Sorry for the late reply, just got back from vacation in Barcelona.
Old 11-05-2008   #7
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of

Because it would go like this.

Pay 2 grand to attend the conference.
Google shows up.
We demand improvements
They tell us thanks for the feedback.
We all drink eat and party.
We go home and nothing changes, nothing other than what they were planning to change/introduce anyhow.

Is this not the goal of SEW, SMX, Pubcon and others?

Not knocking Google alone, but most of the "feedback" in large conferences meet with a very politically correct "great feedback, I'll take it back to the team" response.

How would an Adwords user group be any different?

Discovery
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote