Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2008   #1
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

abbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud of
AdWords Advertiser needs $700 billion by Friday

I'm afraid I've got my AdWords account into a spot of trouble and I need $700 billion to fix it, and I need it by Friday.

Here's what happened..

I placed a ton of AdWords Ads, but I was worried they might rack up click costs without producing conversions. In other words they might "default" on conversions.

This posed a risk, so I offloaded the risk by buying AdWords Default Swaps (ADSs). Well, after a while I realized that these things could be traded in their own right on a totally unregulated exchange. So I started trading them to the point where the ADS market was actually a zillion times bigger than the underlying AdWords market.

But then the ADS market collapsed, so now I need $700 billion to cover my losses. I've retired from the ADSs trading business with a huge bonus, so just send the money to my retirement address in the Canary Islands.
abbottsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #2
Wesson Oil

Wesson Oil is on a distinguished road
Re: AdWords Advertiser needs $700 billion by Friday

how creative...
Wesson Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #3
jimbeetle

jimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud of

I hear there's a couple of guys down in D.C. who might be able to help you out. $700 billion shouldn't be a problem for them; if more is needed they just make another print run and pass the cost on to their "shareholders."
jimbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #4
Lauren

Lauren will become famous soon enoughLauren will become famous soon enough

hahaha that's great. Make sure to launder the money properly just in case the boys down in DC ever get the balls to prosectute
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #5
Mel66
Oversees: Google AdWords

Mel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud of

ROTFL @ abbottsys
Mel66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #6
MarkKennedySEM

MarkKennedySEM is on a distinguished road

I am going to pause my "campaign" (pun!) until we can get this matter resolved. I hope that my main competitor will do the same.
MarkKennedySEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008   #7
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

abbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkKennedySEM View Post
I am going to pause my "campaign" (pun!) until we can get this matter resolved. I hope that my main competitor will do the same.
LOL! I appreciate the effort, but pausing your campaign did not seem to help. I got turned down. I'm shocked I didn't get public money to fix my problem. But wait, perhaps if I ask a second time I'll get it. Perhaps my mistake was asking for only $700 billion when what I really need is $10 trillion, give or take a few trillion.

Last edited by abbottsys : 09-30-2008 at 03:11 PM.
abbottsys is offline   Reply With Quote