Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Optimization
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2008   #1
gajabaja

gajabaja is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Why I am getting Backlinks from Adult Websites?

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and search engine optimization.

Here is my question ---

When I go to control panel of my website I see that I am getting backlinks from Adult websites where I never posted any article or any thing else to get backlinks. And when I click that link I don't see my url on that website.

My question is why I am getting backlinks from such Adult websites And How these things can damage my Search Engine Optimization Campaign?

Please do reply.

Thanks,
gajabaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008   #2
gajabaja

Re: Why I am getting Backlinks from Adult Websites?

I don't know why I am not getting any reply?
Old 09-20-2008   #3
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

try setting up a google webmaster tools account and submit a sitemap or verify the home page... they will crawl and analyze inbound links
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #4
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute

It's log spam. And be careful of clicking on URLs that show backlinks, some of them have forced malware downloads.
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #5
gajabaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcia View Post
It's log spam. And be careful of clicking on URLs that show backlinks, some of them have forced malware downloads.
oh, so what should i do to avoid this problem?
Old 10-04-2008   #6
an52

an52 is on a distinguished road

You cannot stop it. The adult site SEOs are using scripts to visit your site and leave their URL as a faked referrer. Since you don't know what IP address they might use next time (they usually use proxies), you can't block them. As Marcia said, don't click them, because that is the purpose of this activity.

Only you see those sites in your logs, so don't worry about search engines making the wrong conclusions.
an52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #7
onlineseo
Seo Promotion

onlineseo is on a distinguished road

Any external site cannot bring down your rankings. Most of the adult/gaming websites indulge in aggressive SPAMMING techniques in order to multiply their online traffic.

Simply ignore it. However, you need to ensure that they are not taking advantage of any loophole in the security of your website.

It could be possible that they are accessing some particular page or content.

In case you observed any change in your rankings then do let me know.
onlineseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008   #8
an52

an52 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlineseo View Post
Any external site cannot bring down your rankings.
As an absolute statement, that is not the case. For the purpose of this thread it may be true, but there are discussions elsewhere that show how a determined adversary can damage a competitor's rankings.
an52 is offline   Reply With Quote