Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google Web Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2008   #1
AccuraCast
This is just a forum. We're here to discuss ideas

AccuraCast is an unknown quantity at this point
2 Videos In Single Google SERP Listing

For certain keywords, the Google (UK) SERPS show a single listing with 2 videos side by side, rather than one below the other.

Has anyone else noticed this?
AccuraCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008   #2
jimbeetle

jimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud of
Re: 2 Videos In Single Google SERP Listing

Haven't seen it myself, but yeah, it's been reported before, sometime within the last month or so. Not bad actually, as the two vids only take up one SERP position.
jimbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008   #3
AccuraCast

Any idea what determines whether or not the listings are side-by-side? Seems pretty random at present.

E.g. I searched for a particular music video, and that resulted in 2 YouTube listings one after the other, even though they were the exact same video.

Whereas the 2 i've seen side-by-side were different videos.
Old 09-14-2008   #4
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of

Yup, seen this, screen capture at http://searchengineland.com/080828-083242.php

Feel free to include a screen cap here...
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008   #5
AccuraCast

Yet again, your example begs the question of why certain queries / results trigger such placement, whereas more obvious ones, such as repeat results don't.

Got screen caps at http://www.accuracast.com/search-dai...ingle-listing/
Old 09-14-2008   #6
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of

I assume it is just a test, so no real logic... probably google just gathering data to see which UI works best.
Old 09-15-2008   #7
AccuraCast

Strangely enough, i no longer see the results side by side. Instead, I now see one of the 2 videos that were paired at position 9 (1st page), and another at position 15 (2nd page).

I know this is just a random Google test, and so logic probably does not apply. But something tells me the grouping is a temporal thing, with fresh videos or videos about current events being grouped, just like Google News stories get grouped in a Universal Search result.

Any thoughts?
Old 09-16-2008   #8
rustybrick

I really think this is just a UI test and nothing more at this point. I can be wrong.