Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2008   #1
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

abbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud of
AdWords loves Microsites

I've known this for ages of course, but was reminded recently when our company launched a new product and needed "fast online awareness".

The old process worked even better than I remembered..

1) Register a domain name that contains the product name
2) Put up a 1pp website, product name in title tag, page content is a short product description and a call to action (in this case, call a national 800#)
3) Website had no navigation and no scrolling
4) Run AdWords ads with the product name as keyword
5) Track results

Results: Google indexed the site to #1 in organics within 48 hours. AdWords produced amazing CTRs (in the 50% range), great QS, with MinBids around $0.02, so ad moved to #1 rank for a low bid, and conversion rate was around 30%. (Telephone response conversion tracking was done using CallSource.)

The phone calls are pounding in! Simple and very effective.

AdWords rocks!!!!!!!!
abbottsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #2
SteveLaLonde

SteveLaLonde will become famous soon enough
Re: AdWords loves Microsites

That's Awesome! Seems like Google is indexing and ranking sites mega fast now in general.

Anyways, good going - cheers!
SteveLaLonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #3
AdWordsRep
AdWords Customer Advocate

AdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud of

Quote:
[...] AdWords rocks!!!!!!!!
Glad you think so, Abbottsys. It truly does my heart good to hear it.

I'd have to agree, of course - but being of a rather quite nature, I only ever use four exclamation points when I write it.

AWR
AdWordsRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008   #4
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

abbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdWordsRep View Post
......but being of a rather quite nature, I only ever use four exclamation points...
Try more, be expansive. Don't forget that you're an employee of Goooooooooooooooooogle
abbottsys is offline   Reply With Quote