Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > SEM Related Organizations & Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2004   #1
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Live From SES Sweden Oct. 27 - 28 2004

Search Engine Strategies is on its way to Stockholm, Sweden during Oct. 27 - 28 and I hope to be covering the conference and sessions I attend in real time, if possible.

I am not sure of the Internet hook up at the hotel, but rest assured that if there is a wifi or landline connection - I will be posting threads for each session I attend. I hope to be arriving Wednesday morning and be able to catch the end of the last session.

Check back here starting Wednesday morning for live updates from Stockholm.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004   #2
Nacho

Nacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

That's awesome Barry! Thank you & Good Luck!
Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004   #3
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
First session I was able to cover (was the second track) and can be read at European Search Landscape thread. Interesting stuff, even for an American.
Old 10-27-2004   #4
rustybrick

To be honest, the Search Engine Marketing: Outsource or In House? session turned out to be much better then I expected. Really good!
Old 10-27-2004   #5
rustybrick

Link Building Basics, mostly basics.
Old 10-27-2004   #6
rustybrick

Next one, Writing for Search Engines.
Old 10-28-2004   #7
rustybrick

First session of the morning, Successful Site Architecture... And you wonder why I have such a high post count.
Old 10-28-2004   #8
rustybrick

Next up was Search Term Research & Targeting.
Old 10-28-2004   #9
rustybrick

Advanced Link Building Session done.
Old 10-28-2004   #10
rustybrick

I am going to head out shortly, I doubt I will be able to write on the remaining two sessions. I wish I could have stayed a bit longer but I have a tight schedule for personal reasons.

Hope you enjoyed the sessions I covered. I also hope Mikkel or Chris can post a little something on the Search Marketing in Scandinavia: Past, Present, and Future session.
Old 10-28-2004   #11
GoogleGuy
Unofficial Representative

GoogleGuy is a glorious beacon of lightGoogleGuy is a glorious beacon of lightGoogleGuy is a glorious beacon of lightGoogleGuy is a glorious beacon of lightGoogleGuy is a glorious beacon of lightGoogleGuy is a glorious beacon of light
Nice write-ups

Thanks for writing up notes on the sessions, rustybrick. I'm glad that Magnus got to speak; it's always good to rotate different engineers in, so that they get to hear feedback and get a feel for the kinds of things that people are asking about. Plus Magnus is much more in touch with life in Scandinavia than I am.
GoogleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004   #12
Nacho

Nacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to behold
Hello GoogleGuy!

Although this is your first post, I imagine you come visit us every day, right?

BIENVENIDO a Search EngineWatch Forums. Please make yourself at home. Nuestra casa es su casa.

Saludos,

Nacho
Old 10-28-2004   #13
GoogleGuy
Unofficial Representative

GoogleGuy is a glorious beacon of lightGoogleGuy is a glorious beacon of lightGoogleGuy is a glorious beacon of lightGoogleGuy is a glorious beacon of lightGoogleGuy is a glorious beacon of lightGoogleGuy is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks Nacho. I know AdWordsRep stops by here to check on things, and it sounded like there were some good discussions going on. Things always seem busier and busier these days, so I don't know how often I'll be able to post, but I had to send props out to Magnus on the occasion of his first Search Engine Strategies conference.
GoogleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004   #14
randfish

randfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to all
It's like Christmas in the Trenches...

Almost disconcerting to see the enemy in our territory, but I suppose by now we should know they're here.

Rusty - nice coverage; I have to say, I wasn't very excited about this one, but you've done a good job sorting the wheat from the chaffe.
randfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004   #15
pmac
Pass the beernuts.

pmac has a spectacular aura aboutpmac has a spectacular aura about
Deja frekin Vu.
pmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004   #16
bluedevil

uk.com SOLD... MAKEMETOP

the biggest news was Barry from Makemetop announcing that the UK.com domain has been sold, they provide a ccTld service with almost 500,000 users..

not sure who it has been sold to but its big..
Old 10-28-2004   #17
ThomasB

ThomasB is on a distinguished road
I was there when Barry was there and I think he should be honest enough enough to name his sources and name who told him. If not he's just a guy who wants to have a good reputation without earning it.
ThomasB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004   #18
Nacho

Barry, I know you had to take off early for your next flight, but really want to thank you for your great coverages. Hopefully more of us can help you on the next SES. Have a good trip home.

Buen viaje!
Old 10-29-2004   #19
rustybrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoogleGuy
Thanks for writing up notes on the sessions, rustybrick. I'm glad that Magnus got to speak; it's always good to rotate different engineers in, so that they get to hear feedback and get a feel for the kinds of things that people are asking about. Plus Magnus is much more in touch with life in Scandinavia than I am.
Magnus was great, maybe have him sign up here as GoogleKid?

We missed you of course.
Old 10-29-2004   #20
DaveN

DaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to all
Magnus agreed there i spent some time talking about index shards he is a good guy
DaveN is offline   Reply With Quote