Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > SEM Related Organizations & Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2004   #1
Mike Grehan

Mike Grehan is a name known to allMike Grehan is a name known to allMike Grehan is a name known to allMike Grehan is a name known to allMike Grehan is a name known to allMike Grehan is a name known to all
New trade association for search marketers.

Well done guys!

http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3425291

And god bless all who sail in her...

http://www.sma-uk.org
Mike Grehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004   #2
MrMackin

MrMackin is a jewel in the roughMrMackin is a jewel in the roughMrMackin is a jewel in the rough
Good move

Best of luck MMT
MrMackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004   #3
Brad
A Usual Suspect

Brad is a jewel in the roughBrad is a jewel in the roughBrad is a jewel in the roughBrad is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Excellent

Nice job. Best of luck folks!
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004   #4
Nick W

Nick W is a jewel in the roughNick W is a jewel in the roughNick W is a jewel in the roughNick W is a jewel in the rough
About bloody time too!

Good luck guys, you could hardly do a worse job of representing the UK SEO firms out there now could you?

Nick
Nick W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004   #5
MakeMeTop
Complete SEO Dunce!

MakeMeTop will become famous soon enough
Nothing like sticking one's neck out!

I got voted in for this without even putting myself forward. Hopefully, I'll be turfed out at the next election

Seriously, we decided instead of moaning about things maybe we should do something slightly different and then put it to the industry to either support it or kill the idea off.

We'll see what the response is.

But thanks for the good wishes.
MakeMeTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004   #6
DaveN

DaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to all
can i sign up ...

DaveN
DaveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004   #7
rcjordan
There are a lot of truths out there. Just choose one that suits you. -Wes Allison

rcjordan is a name known to allrcjordan is a name known to allrcjordan is a name known to allrcjordan is a name known to allrcjordan is a name known to allrcjordan is a name known to all
>response

Email sent re membership fees.
rcjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004   #8
MakeMeTop
Complete SEO Dunce!

Drop an e-mail to info@sma-uk.org.

I'm sure you can, DaveN
Old 10-22-2004   #9
Shadowen
Ever the Optimist :-)

Shadowen is on a distinguished road
Remember a watched game isn't a won game.

We will only succeed if we all get on board and work together. :-)
Shadowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004   #10
seohelp

seohelp is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMeTop
I got voted in for this without even putting myself forward. Hopefully, I'll be turfed out at the next election
Once i join ill help turf you out and give the job to some other sucker, i mean professional hehe

Having a terrible memory for names like i do its very reassuring to see so many names I know and respect.

Plus i wont have to travel half way around the world for conferences now, though it will probably take just as long to get their if using British Rail.
seohelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004   #11
Nacho

Nacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to behold
Mucho exito amigos!

(Lot's of success to you my friends!)
Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004   #12
NFFC
"One wants to have, you know, a little class." DianeV

NFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to behold
Where do I send the money

I'm sure seoroadshow would have no objection to providing a suitable meeting place at Edinburgh next September, FOC if its needed.
NFFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004   #13
Serio

Serio is on a distinguished road
Smile Wow!

I'll delurk for this!

Well done Barry, Mike et al

Best of luck!
Serio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004   #14
bethabernathy
Looking forward to Summer

bethabernathy has a spectacular aura aboutbethabernathy has a spectacular aura aboutbethabernathy has a spectacular aura about
Excellent Job!! and Thank You.
bethabernathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004   #15
MakeMeTop
Complete SEO Dunce!

Thanks, Mark - judging from the response we've had in the few hours since the first announcement, this could well fly - and your SEOroadshow offer is really appreciated.

For anyone wanting to know membership rates, just ask on the site and we will send you ASAP a copy of the initial constitution (already pretty much finished) and (as soon as we've added the last touches) a prospectus for potential members.

As soon as we reach 50 members, I get to resign and you can vote for whoever you want to be in the hot-spot - but all this stuff is going to be in the information that will be sent to interested parties.

Why are we not putting it up on the web site initially? Simply because we want to measure the level of interest. If it was all on display, then we wouldn't know who was browsing for the hell of it or was genuinely interested in seeing how they could get involved.

Although we will ask people to cough up the dough if they want to become members (including all of us on the working group - we're just potential members like anyone else) - if the impetus isn't there to proceed then anyone paying will get their full subscription returned. More details in the initial consitution's transitional arrangements

Last edited by MakeMeTop : 10-22-2004 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10-22-2004   #16
bhartzer
Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing Expert

bhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura about
Excellent! Congratulations! Woo Hoo!

It's great to see another organization like this--we're doing very well with DFWSEM and wish SMA-UK the best.

By the way--the SEO Roadshow is welcome to make a stop here in Dallas! DFWSEM would love to have you!
Old 10-22-2004   #17
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Seems like a great member list so far. Best of luck to the new search org.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004   #18
scolling
Who will they find if they don't find you?

scolling is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMeTop
just ask on the site and we will send you ASAP a copy of the initial constitution (already pretty much finished) and (as soon as we've added the last touches) a prospectus for potential members.
At present we've not been sending out the draft constitution only as we don't want to cause any confusion with incomplete clauses etc. however you can subscribe to the SMA UK mailing list at www.sma-uk.org and as soon as we've completed it we'll mail it out to all interested parties.

Thanks,
Simon
scolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004   #19
Nick W

Nick W is a jewel in the roughNick W is a jewel in the roughNick W is a jewel in the roughNick W is a jewel in the rough
I dont see a subscribe link?

Nick
Nick W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004   #20
MakeMeTop
Complete SEO Dunce!

The subscription form is on the left of the home page.

I can see it, but it has only recently been added - browser compatibility maybe? I know Simon is working on ensuring full cross-browser functionality.