Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2008   #1
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

abbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud of
AdWords Advertisers: Preheat your ovens to 350

If you've been adversifing with AdWords for 6 years or more you should have received a small package from Google. It contains a book of AdWords "Advanced Tips", a Google apron and a cookbook of recipes from Google Chefs. Seems like Googlers like their food, and get some pretty good stuff to eat.

The AdWords "Advanced Tips" was elementary and no real use, but I did put the apron and cookbook to immediate use!
abbottsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008   #2
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of
Re: AdWords Advertisers: Preheat your ovens to 350

I must have really teed somebody off at Google at one point.

I dont get squatt from Google. Could have to do with my Adcenter mod title I guess, but I have never received even one cheap gift from the big G. No Betas, No parties, No Hows it going calls.. nothing. But hey whats a mill or two a year I'm just beer swiltch on the floor when there's Guinness on the table.

Tell me does the cook book have a recipe for "Head of Discovery"?
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008   #3
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

abbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discovery View Post
I must have really teed somebody off at Google at one point. I dont get squatt from Google....
Hey, check you financial folks. Google sends this stuff to the name that pays, which means the name on the credit card, or the person who handles your financials with Google. If that's not you then it's possible someone else has been getting all your goodies over the years!
Old 07-22-2008   #4
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of

Yes, such is the case for my company. For a number of years we kept the CC billing under the client's name and our company card as a backup. But since MCC came about Google should have known all of our accounts and for the past couple years it's been 100% our company card on file for the clients under our account.

No worries, I was really just joking about being swiltch. I never ask for anything and rarely call my rep. I'm sure they get to know the squeaky wheels and pick the appropriate gift for them to keep them happy.

So you got a skirt and a cookbook Asys?

Discovery
Old 07-23-2008   #5
Mel66
Oversees: Google AdWords

Mel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud of

Hey I've been with Adwords for 6 years and haven't got squat either (yet). And Google usually loves me - I've got the Flick camera, the mini fridge, the Camelback water bottle..... I love to cook. I'd definitely use the apron and cookbook!

AWR, send it my way so I can fix "Head of Discovery" for dinner sometime soon!
Mel66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #6
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Ouch 66, now I expected a verbal lashing from Asys, but ya blind sided me.

AWR a Google Golf bag with a compartment to house and power my PDA so I can check into Adwords while on the course and all will be forgiven.

Discovery
Old 07-24-2008   #7
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discovery View Post
..So you got a skirt and a cookbook Asys? Discovery
An apron! An apron! Although I did once know a guy who wore skirts in the kitchen, but that's a story best not repeated in a public forum. Or anywhere else for that matter.

Since it appears I'm the only one who got these valuable goodies from Google, let me share my favorite recipe for use when wearing your exclusive Google apron..

Ingredients:
Hendricks Gin, kept in the freezer to get super cold and increase viscosity
Extra Dry Vermouth
Olives

Method:
Take a Martini Glass
Add Vermouth, swish around and pour it out
Fill glass with Gin
Add olives

Notes: This as an advanced recipe. Ice is not used because it dilutes the Gin. Plus, ice cannot lower the temperature of the Gin to the point where it becomes viscous and super smooth.