Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > MSN Search > AdCenter
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2008   #1
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of
Adcenter Beating Yahoo for the First Time.

For the past 3 years or so Adcenter has provided a nice but small supplement to our daily conversion count. Decent conversion costs and good quality customers. The only issue we had was that the volume of traffic and conversions were low. No matter what we tried, traffic didn't budge and Adcenter sat as a distant 3rd to Google and Yahoo.

Last month we saw an uptick in traffic as well as conversions at Adcenter. This trend continued for the last two weeks of June. Our latest numbers show that Adcenter has outpaced Yahoo in both conversions and CPL over the last 30 days.

Have you experienced a spike in MSN Adcenter traffic?

Discovery
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008   #2
sem4u
Digital Marketer

sem4u is on a distinguished road
Re: Adcenter Beating Yahoo for the First Time.

Sounds interesting. Is this traffic from MSN/Live and any partner sites they have?
sem4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008   #3
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of

The traffic has increased both in live.com and partner sites.

The opposite is true with Yahoo! where the junk clicks from the Yahoo publishers has increased and worse the false conversions at Yahoo have also increased. Yahoo tends to produce the highest number of bogus conversions.

The downside of MSN right now is the tracking. The conversion counter used within adcenter counts duplicates. We use our own system to track conversions and compare to individual campaigns.

Discovery
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008   #4
Hedi
www.macamour.com

Hedi is on a distinguished road

I must be living in another planet. Never heard of an ad system from M$!
Hedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008   #5
Timpani31

Timpani31 is on a distinguished road

At the risk of making myself look stupid, I'm going to ask anyway...here goes so please don't shoot me down in flames. I am a complete novice and my site only went live a few days ago, I am looking for advice on where best to get my site seen and advertised. I am quick to learn and want to put my heart and soul into making this work for me, I know all the tools are out there, but I don't know where the beginning is for me, because I am not particularly pc advanced. Can anyone please point me in the right direction? I would be really grateful for any help.

Regards
Timpana
Timpani31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008   #6
Hedi
www.macamour.com

Hedi is on a distinguished road

Timpana, to me, the best way to start is having a great CONTENT in your site.
That's the key for a successful site, because if you don't, and at the same time you optimize search engines queries, your site will be like a trap, and the visitors won't come back again to check it.
Hedi is offline   Reply With Quote