Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Other Google Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2008   #1
killervibe

killervibe is on a distinguished road
Google to Offer a Tool To Measure Web Hits

I just read an article in the WSJ about a new media planning tool that Google is launching as early as today. I usually stay pretty active in Google Labs but I dont see anything about this, its the first time Ive heard anything about it.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1214..._us_whats_news

Anyone know anything about this? Its name, where I can get more info, etc?

Thanks in advance.

James
killervibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008   #2
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Re: Google to Offer a Tool To Measure Web Hits

http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/080624-115637

is only in beta right now
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008   #3
Dan01

Dan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really nice

Quote:
And unlike the services from comScore and Nielsen, Google's will be offered to marketers free,
LOL, they should just roll it into Analytics. It sounds like something that you can use to see the traffic of other sites. Right now Analytics gives me info about my site, but this will give me info about the competition.

I have turned off my "advertise on this site" because I didn't want Joe Shmoe to advertise on my site robbing me of the larger bidders. I will reconsider that now. If Adsense (and other advertisers) users use this to target their ads on sites, I want to make sure they can advertise on my site.

Does that make sense?
Dan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008   #4
KSew

KSew is on a distinguished road

I wonder nobody is talking about the monopoly Google is now trying to establish in the advertising world – online and offline. Is this good?

The data they offer is free – Good, but to advertise in absolutely the places you want will get way too costly – Bad!
KSew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008   #5
beu

beu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to all

Yes, I've been testing Google AdPlanner and posted my first notes as well as a few images on my blog. AdPlanner is great and provides fantastic information of value to online advertisers. I'd suggest signing up!

beussery.com/blog/index.php/2008/06/google-adplanner-beta-notes/
beu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008   #6
krutzel

krutzel is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Google to Offer a Tool To Measure Web Hits

Yep, Google Ad Planner. Great tool to see what sites reach your target audience and what type of ad formats they run. I'm testing it out in the beta and will be comparing it's performance to the general Google Content campaigns I'm running.
krutzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008   #7
Dan01

Dan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really nice

Is it something that could be combined with Analytics?
Dan01 is offline   Reply With Quote