Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Other Google Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2008   #1
JohnW

JohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud of
Google Trends For Websites

Now its possible to compare some of your websites traffic stats side-by-side with competitors, of course they can see your info too and its not related to WMT data sharing or even having a WMT account.

Put in a few competing websites and check out how their unique visitors compare, what keywords they get found for, and what sites they share traffic with. Way too much info.

http://trends.google.com/websites?q=...ate=all&sort=0
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008   #2
jimbeetle

jimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud of
Re: Google Trends For Websites

Quote:
Way too much info.
Yeah, kind of like making my logs public.

This search turns out to be quite interesting, especially when compared with searches for Yahoo and Live.

With a bit of thought I might be able to come up with a more eloquent term, but for now I think "two faced" will do.
jimbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008   #3
beu

beu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to all

Yeah, "google.com has no data available for ranking"!
http://trends.google.com/websites?q=...ate=all&sort=0
beu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008   #4
jimbeetle

jimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud of

Matt comments that he thinks it might be that someone at G "worried that people would take the traffic estimates as some sort of forward-looking guidance and possibly misinterpret it."

Sheesh, that's what happens when you have engineers and lawyers running a company. Get some business folks in there who know the word "perception" and how to spin a positive one.
jimbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008   #5
Dan01

Dan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really nice

I learn something new every day. Thanks guys, I had used Alexa which I doubt would be as accurate as Google.

One comment about traffic. Traffic does not always mean more money. We have thousands of visitors per day to some articles, but the articles that pay may only get 10 visitors. It all depends on the content and how much someone is willing to pay for a keyword in Adwords (placement of ads etc too).

In other words, Britney Spears photos will get tons of traffic but wont pay as much as a informative business article which may only receive 10 visitors with two click for $10.
Dan01 is offline   Reply With Quote