Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Other Google Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2008   #1
beu

beu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to all
New Google Site Search is Live

http://www.google.com/sitesearch/
beu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008   #2
Dan01

Dan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really nice
Re: New Google Site Search is Live

It is a dangerous thing for them to mess with their search. LOL

I saw this:

Quote:
New! Date Biasing

From now on, administrators can influence their search ranking based on the age of the documents (e.g., a recent product datasheet is weighted more heavily than older product documents). This feature can also be disabled and administrators can decide the level of influence for their sites (low, medium, high or maximum).
I would like to see a sort by date option. I am not quite sure date biasing is optimal.

What do you think Beu?
Dan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008   #3
beu

beu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to all
Re: New Google Site Search is Live

I'm not sure to be honest, haven't had time to play with this new feature enough to form an opinion just yet! Keep in mind though, this feature if for searching within one's own site and not web search.
beu is offline   Reply With Quote