Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Optimization
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2008   #1
weblearner
Strength in Numbers, Anyone Else Here...?

weblearner is on a distinguished road
Question SEO & SEM Tools ?

Hey All,

I looked fairly deep into the forums and didn't see much relevant information as far as what are some of the best SEO & SEM tools out there, was hoping I could get a few opinions from you folks....?

Looking for something that is well rounded... Something for the above average user friendly....Something that has possibly helped you with your results... something with a serch engine page rank analysis to track your results on the major engines, etc.

I have seen things like Bruce Clay's SEOToolsset.com, and SEOSuite v8, SEODoc 3.0

Any info or advisement you can give me on a good seo tool available would be great not sure what the big SEO Companies use, just know that I can't afford to hire them, have to do it myself.

Thanks and have a great day!
weblearner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #2
MattUK

MattUK is on a distinguished road
Re: SEO & SEM Tools ?

Persoanlly the only tools that I use is WebCEO to monitor rankings, I use a few keyword research tools like Wordtracker and Compete.

Google Webmaster tools and Analytics if you're counting those also.

There are no tools or secret forumla though, the above are timesaving tools more than anything else. The real 'secrets' to SEO are just hard work and networking.
MattUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #3
weblearner
Strength in Numbers, Anyone Else Here...?

weblearner is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUK View Post
Persoanlly the only tools that I use is WebCEO to monitor rankings, I use a few keyword research tools like Wordtracker and Compete.

There are no tools or secret forumla though, the above are timesaving tools more than anything else. The real 'secrets' to SEO are just hard work and networking.

Thanks for your info MATTUK
weblearner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #4
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by weblearner View Post
Hey All,

I looked fairly deep into the forums and didn't see much relevant information as far as what are some of the best SEO & SEM tools out there, was hoping I could get a few opinions from you folks....?

Looking for something that is well rounded... Something for the above average user friendly....Something that has possibly helped you with your results... something with a serch engine page rank analysis to track your results on the major engines, etc.

I have seen things like Bruce Clay's SEOToolsset.com, and SEOSuite v8, SEODoc 3.0

Any info or advisement you can give me on a good seo tool available would be great not sure what the big SEO Companies use, just know that I can't afford to hire them, have to do it myself.

Thanks and have a great day!
e search
okay look at plugins for Firefox...rank checker, ibq.... justgrab all the ones that fit... dol a googl
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #5
sem4u
Digital Marketer

sem4u is on a distinguished road

Yes there are quite a few decent Firefox plugins.

I need to get hold of some decent rank checking software that includes UK search engines. I already use Digitalpoint, but would like to find some paid for software.

I have been looking at Cleverstat and SEO Elite. I would prefer something that only charges a one-off fee rather than paying for yearly updates.
sem4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008   #6
jasonmun
Practitioner

jasonmun is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I was actually looking to get WebCEO as well, which package did you get? Professional or free?

I have used SEO Elite for monitoring and tracking rankings as well as link building in my previous job. Google trends is also a good resource to see trends in keywords. I have seen Hitwise in action as well, very impressive tool for keyword analysis and competitive analysis.

Anyone else using any good SEO tools?

Cheers...
jasonmun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008   #7
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

SpyFu, KeywordSpy, Compete.com are some more
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008   #8
stevewaganer

stevewaganer is on a distinguished road

smartpagerank.com, seoadministrator.com
stevewaganer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008   #9
Deadly

Deadly is on a distinguished road

In all honesty, most paid SEO software is useless, they are just great for reports to give your clients.

Most of the important tools are free online.

---> Deadly
Deadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008   #10
garnet21

garnet21 is on a distinguished road

Yes, I agree with your answers guys. That's the best SEO tool to help your site.
garnet21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008   #11
MattUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmun View Post
I was actually looking to get WebCEO as well, which package did you get? Professional or free?

I have used SEO Elite for monitoring and tracking rankings as well as link building in my previous job. Google trends is also a good resource to see trends in keywords. I have seen Hitwise in action as well, very impressive tool for keyword analysis and competitive analysis.

Anyone else using any good SEO tools?

Cheers...
I've got the Pro edition. The only thing I really use it for though is to run rankings reports
Old 06-11-2008   #12
beu

beu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to all

Quote:
The only thing I really use it for though is to run rankings reports
Soooo true! "SEO tools" for keyword research and ranking reports are one thing but using for "SEO" is a sure way to failure.
beu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008   #13
jasonmun
Practitioner

jasonmun is on a distinguished road

Does the pro edition spit out nice looking reports to give to clients?
jasonmun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008   #14
MattUK

Yep, you can customise the reports with your own logo and colour scheme
Old 06-11-2008   #15
dgkwong
Dgkwong

dgkwong has disabled reputation

Has anyone used the Smart PR add on for Firefox? I like it but sometimes it reports incorrectly. Is anyone else seeing these problems? That's the primary tool I use to check Google PR.
dgkwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008   #16
semaphoriangs

semaphoriangs is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: SEO & SEM Tools ?

Hello all

I would like to suggest you googlerankings.com is use for Keyword position check for any website.
semaphoriangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008   #17
mcanerin

mcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond repute

I use Webposition pro, but really...only for ranking reports.

I'm noticing a trend here, what the SEO community needs and wants is reporting software, NOT "SEO" software.

Forget the other crap, just let me generate customized, nice looking reports for rankings, links and other statistics, and I'll be happy. I suspect most others will, too.

I don't need "submission software" "page critics" and "doorway generators" - these are useless crutches for people who don't know any better and generally result in spam and damaged rankings, rather than being helpful or useful.

My Opinion,

Ian
Old 06-12-2008   #18
BasicECommerce

BasicECommerce will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcanerin View Post
I don't need "submission software" "page critics" and "doorway generators" - these are useless crutches for people who don't know any better and generally result in spam and damaged rankings, rather than being helpful or useful.
Couldn't have said it better if I tried.

-BEC
BasicECommerce is offline   Reply With Quote