Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Other Google Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2008   #1
beu

beu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to all
Google Health Official Launch

Google Health is officially launching right now during Google Factory Tour at Google. To sign up go to
https://www.google.com/accounts/Serv...service=health
beu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #2
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Re: Google Health Official Launch

I don't want google holding my health records....
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #3
j0nyDzine

j0nyDzine has a spectacular aura aboutj0nyDzine has a spectacular aura aboutj0nyDzine has a spectacular aura about

umm... I'm scared:

AUTHORIZATION

I hereby authorize Google to share the health information contained in my Google Health profile(s) in its entirety, to only those entities and individuals I designate, for the purpose of providing me with medical care and for the purpose of sharing my information with others that I choose.

I understand and agree that this authorization permits the disclosure of health or treatment information about me, to the entities and individuals I designate, that may also contain sensitive information relating to the following:

* HIV or AIDS
* Mental illness or any mental health condition
* Alcohol or substance abuse
* Sexually transmitted diseases
* Pregnancy
* Abortion or other family planning
* Genetic tests or genetic diseases

... ummm well they LOST adwords data, who's to say they won't accidentally come out with an ad one day with your name, your high school substance abuse problems, mental record, genetic defects - CLICK HERE For more info on Bob Smith!!! (forgive the horrid "CLICK HERE", you get the point...)
SERIOUSLY, who's signing on to this?
j0nyDzine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #4
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

So my psychotic episodes when I contracted all types of social diseases and my stays at rehab will be available to the world.... may as well just post it all in a forum... Oh I just did
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008   #5
beu

beu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to all

Some residents of New Orleans have no medical records as a result of Katrina! I'd love to know the adoption rate of Google Health in the State of Louisiana as compared to the rest of the US.

Everyone was talking about security and privacy issues today at the launch of Google Health during "Google Factory Tour". Google has been working on this for years, they've brought in the worlds leading experts on every issue and it's clear they've taken elaborate precautions to keep this data secure. Obviously Google isn't going to explain their security precautions but pointed out to one reporter, that Health is highly secure, on it's own infrastructure and servers separate from other Google services. According to Marissa Mayer (i believe it was), Google Health is more secure than other Google services. Either way, I think Google Health is a move in the right direction and that it could revolutionize health care and services world-wide.
beu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008   #6
drbonis

drbonis is on a distinguished road

I am a family doctor from Spain really concerned about the privacy risks of the new Personal Health Records coming.

But I think this kind of services are useful for patients and doctors.

For that reason I have developed a totally anonymous Personal Health Record service: keyose.com

We do not ask your name, email or identity. Is totally anonymous.

The current version is very simple (but really useful in a emergency room). In the next weeks you will be able to upload images and track some chronic diseases (as hypertension or diabetes).

Take a look to the anonymous alternative.

Last edited by beu : 05-20-2008 at 12:17 PM. Reason: no link drops please
drbonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008   #7
johnnysmith

johnnysmith is on a distinguished road

Really very useful link to get more details about the Health..And also google is not only a search engine..it helps us to get more details about all topics..Google is really rocking.

Last edited by jimbeetle : 07-12-2008 at 02:24 PM. Reason: No promo, no sig links, please
johnnysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008   #8
johncliff

johncliff is on a distinguished road

In the US this will allow patients to do an end-run around the HIPAA privacy legislation so that all of the patient’s medical providers have up to date access to the complete patient history.

johncliff

Last edited by beu : 07-12-2008 at 10:53 PM. Reason: no links please
johncliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008   #9
Misscj
scientist

Misscj will become famous soon enough

I think it's a great idea. I mean it folds nicely into the whole Google online life system. I got locked out of my Google account and realised how lost I was as I'd not back up my bookmarks, had emails stored, documents waiting, my calendar...I was relieved when access was restored. And I realised how much of my online life belongs to Google. Almost all of it. If someone knew my password, they basically would own it. That's an issue.

But otherwise, why not integrate my health records? It'd be handy to finally have them in one place. If more 3rd parties in healthcare like the NHS here in the UK were to take this on, then I'd probably fill out all the info, because it would make life a lot easier. Till then...I'll hold out.
Misscj is offline   Reply With Quote