Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Yahoo! > Yahoo Web Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2004   #1
Nacho

Nacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to behold
Yahoo! Search has a NEW look!

Garry Price quicly pointed out in the SEW Blog Yahoo! Search new look. Woow it looks very familiar....... looks like...

What do you think?
Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004   #2
Nick W

Nick W is a jewel in the roughNick W is a jewel in the roughNick W is a jewel in the roughNick W is a jewel in the rough
Copycat seems an appropriate word no?

Nick
Nick W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004   #3
robwatts
Idoit: A non too bright volunteer

robwatts has a spectacular aura aboutrobwatts has a spectacular aura about
f me! g with a different logo
robwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004   #4
Joseph Morin

Joseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of light
Unbelievable....gives more credit to G in my book. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I believe the saying goes?
Joseph Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004   #5
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
I agree, there is nothing wrong with 'copying' - its done everywhere.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004   #6
Nacho

Nacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to behold
All though it's not that original, it does have it's differences in the top nav to make it a bit unique and YES, it is very efficient as it looks.

That's the burden they'll have to carry for not having its own search engine under the Yahoo! brand back in the late 90's until finally deciding to go with Google for "for its award-winning advanced search services, which use powerful technologies to determine the importance and relevance of Web pages". It's perfectly understandable, they have to stick to what works well in consumer's taste for acceptance, and Google's layout works really well. Along with everything else that made Google #1.

Can Yahoo! ever take the #1 position in search? I don't know about you guys, but I'm so glad to see that the search wars are much more competitive and the pie is breaking up nicely.
Old 10-18-2004   #7
Anthony Parsons
Rubbing the shine of the knobs who think they're better than everyone else...

Anthony Parsons will become famous soon enough
As the old saying goes, "Can't beat em, Join em"
Anthony Parsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004   #8
garyp

garyp is a jewel in the roughgaryp is a jewel in the roughgaryp is a jewel in the roughgaryp is a jewel in the rough
One thing that Search.yahoo offers that's not available at G? The option to change which tabs are visible. Not the "edit" link.
garyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004   #9
Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyp
One thing that Search.yahoo offers that's not available at G? The option to change which tabs are visible. Not the "edit" link.
Yeah, saw that and added all options to mine. I wonder when it's going to go into a second line of tabs, then a third line, then a fourth . . . .
Old 10-18-2004   #10
strategicrankings
Seolid.com - Ranking Websites First - since 1999

strategicrankings will become famous soon enough
yahoo! new SERPs

Will the new Yahoo! SERPs look like these? or is this just a bug?

Green

Green again

Just caught this a few minutes ago.
strategicrankings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004   #11
I, Brian
Whitehat on...Whitehat off...Whitehat on...Whitehat off...

I, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of light
Maybe it's social comment from Jeremy.
I, Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004   #12
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Ha, Yahoo is messing with you.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004   #13
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute
That green makes my eyes smart - and I don't mean intelligent.
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004   #14
strategicrankings
Seolid.com - Ranking Websites First - since 1999

strategicrankings will become famous soon enough
Also Try

I guess the 'Also Try' option is/will be a new feature on Yahoo!

Can we say that it will be a hint on how to better research keywords? (AFA Yahoo! is concerned)
strategicrankings is offline   Reply With Quote