Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2008   #1
Bergman
Internet Business Advisor from Sweden

Bergman is on a distinguished road
Question How searches look in other countries and with other browser settings

I don't know if you have had this question up before, but I couldn't find it when I searched the forums, so anyway.

I have learnt that if I want to see how my Ad looks for a certain keyword search in another country I take the URL of my search and add &gl=<country code> at the end. So if I want to see how my search looks like in the US, I add &gl=us to the URL of my search.

However I suspect if I don't do anything I see the ads that should show up for the ones who has their browser set to the language that my browser is currently set to. So if my browser is set to Swedish and I ad &gl=us to the search URL I see the ads that show up in USA for people who has their browsers set to Swedish? Am I right or am I wrong?

If I am right - is there a simple way to check out which ads show to people with different browser-languages, i.e. is there a way to check this out without changing the language-setting of the browser every time?

Regards,
Bergman
Bergman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008   #2
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

abbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud of
Re: How searches look in other countries and with other browser settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergman View Post
...So if my browser is set to Swedish and I ad &gl=us to the search URL I see the ads that show up in USA for people who has their browsers set to Swedish? Am I right or am I wrong?...
Bergman
It doesn't work this way. First, be aware of which google search domain you're using (e.g. for the US, use google.com)
Then, it's not your browser settings, it's your Google User Interface language setting (set from "Preferences" on your google search domain homepage).
More info here..
https://adwords.google.co.uk/support...y?answer=43816
abbottsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008   #3
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

try http://www.google.co.uk/support/bin/...=469&topic=352

http://oyoy.eu/google/world/
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008   #4
Bergman
Internet Business Advisor from Sweden

Bergman is on a distinguished road

Thank you, abbottsys and AussieWebmaster, for good information!

/Bergman
Bergman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008   #5
michelle car

michelle car is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: How searches look in other countries and with other browser settings

Try this Google tool:

https://adwords.google.com/select/Ad...ingPreviewTool

You can change the language settings, as well as country and regional settings too.
michelle car is offline   Reply With Quote