Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you like the idea of your AdWords Ads displaying on Yahoo?
Yes 21 61.76%
No 13 38.24%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2008   #1
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

abbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud of
Calling All AdWords Advertisers - Please Vote

AdWords Poll - Do you like the idea of your AdWords Ads displaying on Yahoo?
abbottsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #2
beu

beu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to all
Re: Calling All AdWords Advertisers - Please Vote

Don't know why anyone wouldn't like covering both in less time but, hey I'm an SEO guy what do I know!
beu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #3
chris1
Low-gravity fun for everyone!

chris1 is on a distinguished road

Since Google seems to do a much better job of ranking our ad properly, I would prefer Google.
chris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #4
BasicECommerce

BasicECommerce will become famous soon enough

Although Google is king, YSM has some useful and unique features that I would miss. Their QS comparison tool gives a much better indication about your ad the Google's QS. Although, as long as Yahoo continues better conversion ratios than Google, I can do without it.
BasicECommerce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #5
Relatedly

Relatedly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by beu View Post
Don't know why anyone wouldn't like covering both in less time but, hey I'm an SEO guy what do I know!
The answer is that Yahoo traffic SUCKS for my category. I don't think it would be far off to label it as complete SPAM.

The conversion rates are abysmal.

So, the same reasons apply for why I don't use the content network at Google - both the Google content network and Yahoo deliver dramatically lower value per click.

If I can bid pennies for a Yahoo click versus dollars for a Google click - then it might make sense.
Relatedly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #6
B-Double-U

B-Double-U will become famous soon enough

I'll stick with Yahoo, thanks...

The only thing a Google implementation would do is make it easier to create ads in both places.

The bad news is that it doesn't change the consumers (Location, Location, Location) AOL users still have their AOL mentality... "gee, I'll pop in this CD that states free internet" ...Um yeah...

Volume will still be the same...

The other thing it would do is double your costs or more... Now you are competing with the same advertisers in 2 places, all with higher bids. My bids on yahoo are a third of my google bids and I still hit the same positions.... I don't want that to change...

I'll do the extra leg work for the cost thanks
B-Double-U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #7
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

added my vote
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008   #8
sem4u
Digital Marketer

sem4u is on a distinguished road

I would welcome it as long as the ads were displayed on Yahoo only. The reason why I don't use YSM these days is because of all of the partners sending fraudulent traffic.
sem4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008   #9
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

abbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud of

Interesting results so far. I would love to get more votes on this poll. Please pass along to friends. Thanks!
Old 05-27-2008   #10
mcanerin

mcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond repute

From the perspective of someone who runs many multi-country PPC campaigns, this would be a blessing - Yahoo's multi-country options are not very good.

But I'd like more control than "Google Search" and "Content Network" without having to manually exclude a bazillion domains.

I'd like to see the following choices:

• Google Search Results
  • Partner Search Results (Inc Yahoo, Ask, etc)
  • Google Content Network
  • Partner Content Network

While I'm on the topic, I'd also like to see more options for the "Content Network" choices.

Perhaps add "Premium Content Network" as a choice, which includes sites that are known to be very high quality, have been around for a while, and have very few or no click-fraud complaints.

This would be a very valuable service to me, and I assume to others, as well. I honestly can't think of anyone who wouldn't want this (aside from AdSense spammers).

Ian
Old 05-28-2008   #11
Baylow

Baylow is on a distinguished road

I don't see how everyone seems to be cheering on the monopolization of the search advertising market. Assuming AdWords completely takes the place of YSM, it'll mean higher costs across both networks for all of us.

I'm not sure how this is a good thing :-/
Baylow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #12
hoffman457

hoffman457 is on a distinguished road

Seems to me like the auto pilot answer to SEM; I think we need to take the extra time to manage Yahoo individually - more control and lower CPC's.
hoffman457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008   #13
jeberhard
RealWebMarketing.net

jeberhard is on a distinguished road

I would vote NO on this.

3-4 years ago I found that PPC on Yahoo got much better conversions than on Google, and with a much lower cost per click.

But over the last year and a half I find that Yahoo campaigns don't convert at nearly the rate that Google campaigns do. Although they are lesser traffic, I like MSN and Facebook better than Yahoo.

And this is across 5-6 client campaigns, all different industries. I don't know why but I can't get a decent conversion ratio out of Yahoo.

So I would not want to mix the two. To me it would just dillute and lower conversion ratios for Google.
jeberhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008   #14
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

Facebook? What are you selling on FaceBook
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008   #15
KSew

KSew is on a distinguished road

My only worry is if Yahoo raises its minimum bids on those keywords that are “more” profitable from Google Ads. I spend more on Yahoo than Adwords. So I vote for a NO!

I would also like to ask this question on the point I raised. Do you think Yahoo will increase their bids?
KSew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008   #16
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSew View Post
I would also like to ask this question on the point I raised. Do you think Yahoo will increase their bids?
This is a good point. It's going to depend on exactly how Yahoo incorporates the AdWords ads into their own ad auction. Clearly they will have significant leeway on exactly how they do this. Injection of external ads into the Yahoo auction could change (raise?) Yahoo bids across the board for all Yahoo advertisers unless Yahoo takes special care not to let this happen.
Old 06-17-2008   #17
B-Double-U

B-Double-U will become famous soon enough

I hope they inject the ads in standard Yahoo fashion, then we might be able to glean the competitive bid amounts again. Using the 2 interfaces in the same venue provides a whole new set of cross referenced data points. It might actually make some tracking get a bit funky for people on less robust platforms. It may confuse the paid traffic from Google to Yahoo...
B-Double-U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008   #18
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Double-U View Post
I hope they inject the ads in standard Yahoo fashion, then we might be able to glean the competitive bid amounts again. Using the 2 interfaces in the same venue provides a whole new set of cross referenced data points. It might actually make some tracking get a bit funky for people on less robust platforms. It may confuse the paid traffic from Google to Yahoo...
Indeed. It should be "interesting" as they say. I'm assuming both Yahoo and Google will do it in such a way as to maximize revenue
Old 06-18-2008   #19
KSew

KSew is on a distinguished road

abbottsys - we would like to know your views. Very clever of you that you asked us to vote and kept a silence yourself. Please say something. Whether you vote for a NO or YES and why?

AussieWebmaster - you too! Just saying "added my vote" is not enough. Please say something. You didn’t even say it was a Yes or No.
KSew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008   #20
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSew View Post
abbottsys - we would like to know your views. Very clever of you that you asked us to vote and kept a silence yourself. Please say something. Whether you vote for a NO or YES and why?

AussieWebmaster - you too! Just saying "added my vote" is not enough. Please say something. You didn’t even say it was a Yes or No.
I voted yes. My costs on Yahoo are very close to my AdWords costs, so for me it's more a matter of convenience i.e. being able to deal with just one ad management interface. And I *much* prefer the AdWords interface over Yahoo's Panama.

In fact, I would like to go a step further, and get my AdWords onto Yahoo's Content network. For the longest time Yahoo has been having "problems" displaying my ads on their content network. They have never given me details, or even a timeframe for fixing the problems.