Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Yahoo! > Yahoo Search Marketing (PPC Ads)
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2008   #1
YahooPete

YahooPete is a jewel in the roughYahooPete is a jewel in the roughYahooPete is a jewel in the roughYahooPete is a jewel in the rough
Coming soon: minimum bids are no longer fixed at $.10

Hey there,

I just want to share some news with our U.S. Yahoo! Search Marketing advertisers.

Within several weeks, minimum bids for a number of Sponsored Search keywords will no longer be fixed at $.10. Your new minimum bids can be lower or higher than $.10. Content Match minimum bids currently will remain at $.10.

The amount set as your minimum bid on a keyword in Sponsored Search can vary depending on multiple factors, such as the relevance of your keywords (as measured by the quality of the ads associated with them), and the number of bidders and bid amounts in the particular keyword market.

We’ve posted a more detailed article on the new features on our Yahoo! Search Marketing blog: http://www.ysmblog.com/blog/2008/02/26/minimum-bids/

I appreciate all the feedback on this forum.

YahooPete
YahooPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #2
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Re: Coming soon: minimum bids are no longer fixed at $.10

That Content minimum is a littler high.... Google allows you to get a lot lower
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #3
SearchEnginePPC
PPC Consultant

SearchEnginePPC has a spectacular aura aboutSearchEnginePPC has a spectacular aura aboutSearchEnginePPC has a spectacular aura about

I don't feel like I have as much information about our perceived quality with Yahoo, as compared to Google. Thus, this change makes me pretty apprehensive about what our minimum bids will look like once this is turned on. I'll also say, with all honesty, that some Yahoo roll outs have been, ahem, less than smooth, which provides me with another reason to be concerned about this new development.
SearchEnginePPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #4
YahooPete

YahooPete is a jewel in the roughYahooPete is a jewel in the roughYahooPete is a jewel in the roughYahooPete is a jewel in the rough

Hey there,

Appreciate the feedback on the post. We appreciate all the comments and you sharing your thoughts.

Cheers,
YahooPete
YahooPete is offline   Reply With Quote