Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Other Google Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2008   #1
SEOMalc
Teething - Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Sleep.

SEOMalc will become famous soon enough
Mass Message From Google

9 minutes into the day and I have already had 2 people ring me to ask about an email they have received from Google regarding their Adwords and Analytics.

The odd thing is nearly everyone in my department has received it as well.

<snip>
Hello,
It's come to our attention that your AdWords account has not been properly linked with your Google Analytics account. If you do not link your accounts by March 5, 2008, we cannot ensure that your data from AdWords will continue to populate in your Analytics account.

It's fast and simple to link both accounts. Please review the various scenarios below and follow the instructions that best suits your needs.

Blah Blah Blah.....

We ask for your cooperation to help us make your experience with Google Analytics the best that it can be.

Sincerely,

The Google Analytics Team
</snip>

Has anyone else seen this ? Am I to expect pending doom
SEOMalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #2
cjukx

cjukx is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Mass Message From Google

I've had the same email. Neither of the two links in the email work. They return a Google help page that says;

We are sorry but the information that you have requested cannot be found. Please try searching or browsing the Help Centre.

Is it just a spam email?
cjukx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #3
SEOMalc

Re: Mass Message From Google

I have been digging and the email seems legit. I have set our PPC team with the task of reviewing every Adwords account and linking it to the clients Analytics as explained here...

http://www.google.com/support/analyt...y?answer=26789

I know doing this should give some additional functionality and I once heard a rumor that Google Analytics is limited in size unless you run Adwords but I never bothered confirming.

I can actually feel the back of my head burning from the evil glares I am getting from our PPC team
Old 02-14-2008   #4
cjukx

Strange, our Analytics account already appears correctly under the Analytics tab of our Adwords account. There are no further options for linking accounts.

I'll forward the email to our Google account manager....
Old 02-14-2008   #5
SEOMalc

That is strange. I wonder if it is just a mass mail to everyone who has an Analytics account.

It is very generic and doesn't even give a clue as too which Adwords / Analytics account isn't linked.

In my case I have set up Analytics on about 30 sites all as my email, but if you only have 1 and it is already linked then that puts a spanner in all my theories.

The plot thickens...
Old 02-14-2008   #6
cjukx

We are running one Adwords account and one Analytics account. These cover our eight websites.

Nothing back from our account manager yet!
Old 02-14-2008   #7
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

Got the same message too.... must have been a major mass email - hey isn't that spam????
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #8
j0nyDzine

j0nyDzine has a spectacular aura aboutj0nyDzine has a spectacular aura aboutj0nyDzine has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieWebmaster View Post
Got the same message too.... must have been a major mass email - hey isn't that spam????
OMG but...
IF Spam = Evil
AND if Google is Spamming...
THEN is Google.....????

NOOOOOOOOOO!
(evil?)

(hehe)
j0nyDzine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #9
beu

beu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to all

Yeah, I got the same email. As far as spam maybe but I'm sure they covered it in something you opted into.
beu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #10
j0nyDzine

j0nyDzine has a spectacular aura aboutj0nyDzine has a spectacular aura aboutj0nyDzine has a spectacular aura about

I'm sure they did cover it Beu, I was just kidding going along with what Aussie said - or at least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it... hmmm... I blame Aussie!
j0nyDzine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008   #11
lovekissing
Thomas Wylde

lovekissing is on a distinguished road

could it be a spam...
lovekissing is offline   Reply With Quote